Chapter-20 (Part-2)

Author P.O.V

"It's me the great Robert Williams"

It took two seconds for Nicolas to understand what Robert said.

"What the hell. Are you playing with me right now?" Nicolas shouted.

Robert laughed it off.

"Why? Don't I look like a killer to you? Need a proof?" Robert asked.

"Here is the first one" Robert placed the necklace belonging to Nicolas mother on the table.

Nicolas quickly grabbed the ruby necklace into his hands.

"And the second one was a message from your father" Nicolas snapped his head towards Robert.

"He apologized for not being a good father and for prioritizing his work more than you. He said that he wanted his little bunny to always be happy and not to hate his father cause he always loved you more than anyone" Nicolas eyes filled with tears listening to it.

The word 'little bunny' was the nickname given by his father. When Nicolas was young his front pair of teeth used to be long and have a huge space between them and he used to eat the food only with that pair of teeth like how a rabbit does. So, Nicolas father nicknamed him as the little bunny.

The precious memory made his heart sting in pain.

"He wanted to say more but he was already suffering badly from all the injuries so I killed him reducing his pain" A grin was plastered on Robert's face.

"Shut up, you bastard!!" Nicolas yelled slamming the table infront.

"Do you think you can get away with this? I can go the police station right away and confess everything you said to me" Nicolas confronted.

"You took a wrong step here Mr.Williams" Nicolas smirked. He turned around to the door but Robert's words made Nicolas stop in his tracks.

"You have a girlfriend named......Isabella. Am I right?" Robert spoke.

Blood drained from Nicolas face hearing Isabella's name.

"Don't you dare touch her" Nicolas grabbed Robert's collar in rage.

"Now that you warned me, I want to do something to her" Robert smiled like a maniac.

"You can't even touch a strand of her hair" Nicolas released the collar roughly which made Robert stumble.

"Do you trust police that much? Even after closing your parent's case as a simple accident when it is clear as water that it was a murder!" Robert spoke.

Reality hit Nicolas hard. He was reminded of the fact that he can't rely on police. They just closed his parent's case as a simple accident cause they received orders from their superiors to do so. He fought hard but he was not able to find the real killer. 

"What do you want?" Nicolas asked in defeat.

"Now you are coming to the point" Robert sat down in his chair again.

"Do you want money?" Nicolas proposed.

"No"

"Then?"

"Break up with Isabella!" Robert spat those words which made Nicolas stop his breathing.

"What?" Nicolas yelled out.

"Yes, you heard it right. Break up with Isabella. That way I won't bother you nor her" Robert shrugged.

"Why do you want us to break up? What do you get from it? Take the money instead, I will give you anything you want, just name it" Nicolas tried to negotiate.

"Save it. Your money can't give me the happiness your break up does. From my research I came to know that you both love each other madly. Now if you break up with her just imagine the amount of the happiness I get when you both cry, day and night separating from each other" a wicked smile made its way to Robert's lips.

"Why? You killed my parents and now you want me to separate from the only one I was left in this world. Why!?" Nicolas shouted in despair.

"Because watching people in pain is what I like the most" Robert declared.

"Now, let's get this finished with, shall we? You will go straight to her from here and right away break up with her, Got it? Also don't try anything funny, I'll be watching you" with that being said Robert exited the room.

Nicolas was dazed from the situation. His brain stopped working, all the negative thoughts flooded his mind. He was not sure what to do, but whatever happens he definitely doesn't want Isabella to end up like his parents. She is the last one left for him and he is for sure going to protect her.

At the same time, he can't imagine his life without her. He will for sure go crazy without her on his side.

He took out his phone and looked at the wallpaper It was Isabella's cute picture which was captured by him on their first date. He took sharp breathes.

"At least you can live, even if it is not with me" Nicolas whispered looking at the wallpaper as a single tear escaped from his eye.

He messaged Isabella to meet him at their usual place. After composing himself for what was about to happen, he also headed out to their usual place.

(Remember the break up scene from chapter-2)

His heart was broken into pieces when he saw tears in Isabella's eyes. The way she begged him not to leave was the worst memory he had after his parent's death. But either way he should leave her.

*Flashback End*

Nicolas P.O.V

By the time I finished, Bella was already crying. Her eyes were red and swollen. She looked quite anxious. The guilt took over me.

"You left me...just for this?" She whispered with her tears still running down her cheeks.

"Leaving me just like that is the only option you can think of?"

"We could have talked this out, Nico. Just like how we did now" She reasoned.

"I know my move was stupid but I was terrified, Bella. I don't want to lose you like my parents" tears ran down my cheeks and I can see her eyes softening.

"But why now?" she asked.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"Why are you telling me all of this now? Why did you come back now? Why after five years? Why now?!!!" she shouted.

"Because father said it is safe to meet you now!!!" I shouted back.

"Father? Do you mean my dad?" she asked shocked.

OH LORD!! What the hell is wrong with my mouth today?

---------------------

Hello my lovely Bunnies🐇

Another secret was  revealed 😶

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

Leave all your suggestions and thoughts in the comments, i would love to read them!

Also don't forget to vote!

See you on Saturday!

Love you all❤️❤️- A\N