Chapter-38

Author P.O.V

James walked back and forth waiting for the confirmation.

'Many people have same surnames that doesn't mean they are related by blood. That's complete gibberish!' that's what he kept telling himself while he waited for the decision.

He prayed for all of this to be a coincidence but everything he spoke earlier seemed to fit right into the content. Henry and Nicolas were as nervous as James. Three of them were in their own thoughts when Richard stepped into the office.

All of them snapped their head towards the person who entered the cabin with a file in his hand. He walked to Henry's table and placed the file slowly on it. Henry didn't bother to touch the file, he just waited for Richard to speak.

Sensing the anxiousness in the room Richard spoke.

"Ruby does have a brother named Christopher" he sighed.

Gasps escaped from everyone's mouths.

James can no longer take this as a coincidence.

"What are you waiting for? Start searching for her!" Henry screeched.

Richard looked over at James for Ruby's phone number.

Sighing deeply James took out his phone and handed over Ruby's phone number, just then he received an incoming call.

"Dad!" he answered.

"I swear if you don't show up in the next ten minutes with Nico. Both of you will face consequences" the other side roared and immediately the call got cut.

"He is persistent to see you" James informed Nicolas.

"There must be a reason. Go on, Nico. I'll inform if we find anything" Henry assured.

Breathing out Nicolas existed the police station with James.

James was oddly quiet through the ride which is not like him. The news sure shocked him.

"Are you okay?" Nicolas asked.

He didn't receive any response.

"James" he called out softly.

Suddenly James pulled over.

"I was planning to propose her" James voice cracked.

"How could she do this to me?" Nicolas heart broke when he saw James crying.

James has always been a sweetheart. He never played with someone's emotions or feelings. Moreover, he got played now.

Detaching the seatbelt from his body Nicolas leaned forward and engulfed James in a hug. He patted his back while James cried in his hands.

Nicolas phone rang making both of them to pull back. He pulled out his phone and saw an unknown number.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi there!" the other side greeted.

"Can I know who is speaking?" Nicolas asked politely.

"The one whom you are dying to find from the past few days" the other side mocked.

"Christopher?" Nicolas frowned.

"Oh! I see you got my name too" he said.

"Where is Bella?" Nicolas questioned right away.

"Right here! She is infront of me sobbing" he answered.

"You bastard! Fight me like a man other than going around kidnapping my girl" Nicolas bawled.