Chapter Twenty

[A/N] I also found an actor for Cinde a while back, it's been my profile picture for a while so most of you probably guessed. It's young Leonardo DiCaprio, he was such an adorable thing. ->

@@@

Also I made this chapter only available to my followers so... Well let's see how that works out. If you really don't want to follow me just do it for the chapter and un-follow soon after, sorry for the inconvenience.

I tumbled onto the bed, my hands trailing the silken sheets in anticipation as I watched him stalk his way over to me.

Contrary to what I had expected there was no blood on his face and no wound on my shoulder. I should have been a bloody mess but I was fine. No, I was better than fine, I was soaking up the euphoria that Veldore's marking of me had filled me with.

Even by werewolf standards. No man should be able to heal as fast as that unless they where an alpha.

But I didn't need to know.

In that moment I was so consumed by the image of my mate I couldn't have looked away if my life depended on it.

He was my lifeline.

He stared down at me. A whorl of color breaking loose in his eyes. So brilliant, dancing at every movement he made.

A radiant blaze of light slipping through the thin slip between the curtains illuminated the dazzling color smoking about in Veldore's captivating eyes. And trailing its way down his dominant body, like a luminous thread. Lighting up just that one thin trail.

The blinding light of the moon.

He slipped onto the bed after me. His eyes still firmly on mine, as though it where some sort of hold on me. Like a chain, only more beautiful.

"How did I become to consumed with you?" He asked, his voice was so endearing it almost brought tears to my eyes. "What spell must you have cast upon me to have me so utterly entranced with your every sliver of skin, every muscle that moves, every hair on that doll like head of yours."

Every vessel in me was trained on him as he ripped the red tainted white material from his taunt shoulders and cast them aside to the winds care.

"Do others see what I see in you?" He asked the air. His eyes no longer facing mine. There was a shiver of cold blue running through his eyes and I sensed his internal distress. "Do you beguile others as you do me?"

He ran the tip of his finger from between my collar bone to the tip of my chin. I shivered. My skin raising goose bumps from the chilly air in evident suspense.

"I would never look their way even if they did, your majesty." I breathed. And it was true. Only a mad man could believe it a lie, and even as possessive of me as Veldore was, he was certainly no mad man. His people would make sure of that.

He was the peoples king.

And he was my alpha.

"And if you did, I would be so kind as to let you know in advance that I would only allow you to be in their company with a silken sash over your eyes, or a berry red knife in their throat." He snarled, his voice was bitter but he wasn't angry.

Though I could never explain why I was so certain, when his emotions had been nothing but a mystery to me when I first met him.

His eyes traveled down to my lips.