Summary

Cinde is a resident in the Aconitum Kingdom. All residents are strictly werewolves.

For the first time in 22 years there is going to be a full solar eclipse. Eclipses are lethal to werewolf's. They will get weaker and weaker until they're eventual death.

This Eclipse was one named the Velvet Eclipse. It is said Luna picks a day of great importance to shelter her brother Sol (the sun) and thus creates a day long eclipse as a test of the werewolves.

However nearly a twenty century's ago when the kingdom was formed, they acquired moon rock and hung it as high as they could within the castle walls. Keeping all those within safe from the effects.

So there is a ball held and all residents of the kingdom are welcome to join. Leaving at midnight where the effects would eventually cease.

Cinde lives with his two sisters and his father. He is mistreated as he is the bastard. The former kings unwanted child.

His father bans him from attending this ball while his sisters go with the intention of meeting and bagging His Royal Highness, Veldore. The current king.

Cinde must go to this ball so he sneaks in, when he accidentally brushes against Veldore who is dancing with another he must come to grips with the fact that he, Cinde, is the kings mate. And when Cinde runs away in shock, this leaves a certain someone very very angry.

"King's don't get rejected Cinde,

Alpha's don't get rejected."