Chapter Thirty One

We lay panting together, my body safely tucked away under the covers, Veldore draped over me. His heat soaked me in his warmth. He drew me even closer, so my chin was nestled in the crook of his neck, there his scent was the strongest. I inhaled and felt my heart rate fly off it's hinges.

It was dark outside and the beautiful wire cut glass looked stunning as it reflected the bright half set moon. I soaked up the warmth Veldore exuded, I cherished it and reveled in it. He was like a furnace on a cold day, I loved it.

"Don't celebrate too soon." Veldore hummed. His voice ticked my neck and shivered a little.

I tried to turn to Veldore but his grasp around my waist was firm and unrelenting. "What do you mean?" I asked. It took everything in me just to force myself to speak. I really just wanted to listen to him talk, drowsy and warm in his arms as I slowly fall asleep.

"You may have dampened the worst of my rage but the memory is enough to convince me to take the necessary measures."

I groaned, I had almost forgotten I was even in any trouble. Of course I was in trouble, and Veldore had every right to be mad. Although it seemed the most of his rage and fear had subsided I knew he was a logical man and would not let me go unpunished, but a part of me still hoped.

I wished to see his face but would not let me turn in his arms. "Veldore let me face you!" I pleaded.

Veldore chuckled and the sound made my whole body shudder under him. His voice was so low and husky when he was satisfied, it was full of gravel and love. When he talked it just made me want to kiss the life out of him, reach my arms over his broad muscular shoulders and cling on to him.

"No my mate, I know what power that look of yours gives. Once those pretty wide eyes lay on mine you could convince me into anything. I'll not have my word changed, you will be punished my sweet."

I pouted automatically, I knew he could not see me yet I was sure he was aware of it.

"Can I do anything to change your mind?" I asked miserably.

"No." He was stern.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He chuckled. "Still, my mind is set and you will be punished."

I racked my brain for any stray thought that could lead to a devious plan to set his mind against a punishment. Unfortunately I was reasonably sure that if the guard watch knew of my sneaking off the premises, I knew how much they loved to talk and therefor everyone was sure to know by sunrise. If it was the case then I was particularly sure he would be requested to make no small punishment mine. I disliked the idea of whipping but it was a very ideal choice.

"What will you have inflicted on me?" I asked, rearing my head to the side as well as I could.

His head bent down to bury himself in the crook of my shoulder and rub his cold nose over the sensitive skin. Veldore remained silent for some time, thinking. I waited patiently. Just being near the man made me relaxed and though I was feeling uncomfortable at the thought of a punishment I could not properly work myself up. It was, after all, my mate... He could never really hurt me.

"You are forbidden from talking to Verity. She will not be allowed in your presence at all. For two months." I looked up at him. Two months without Verity? "I'm being lenient. Cinde don't give me that look. She has no idea what trust I placed her with when I allowed her to take care of you."

I smiled up at him. "I can take care of myself. What I did I was already planning on doing." I gathered a little spirit. "Verity did not mean to offend you Veldore, please let me see her."