Chapter Nine

[A/N] I just want to say this may not be a great chapter, this is my first time writing a sex scene. I also may move it to an X-rated CINDE to make sure this one stays [PG-13] unless anyone minds. 

      There was a serene silence as Veldore approached me, un-robing as he went.

      I could do nothing but stare, almost in a daze, at him as he undressed. Every sound and every movement he made seemed amplified, liked no one else in the world existed. Even in my position... No, especially in my position, I felt a slip of lust drug my system and taunt me.

      He stopped at the bed, pulling off his black under shirt to reveal a wall of rippling muscle and soft tan skin. My eyes wandered over his chest until I felt his eyes on mine, catching me in the act.

      I felt my face redden in embarrassment. He only stared back at me, a twinkle dancing in his ever darkening eyes. Behind his collected, imperturbable demeanor I knew emotion was a flame on a pedestal.

      He climbed onto the bed and pressed a hand on either side of my head. Even if he hadn't been towering over me I doubted I would ever have noticed anything else moving in the room... In the world, but him. 

      I felt seconds slip by as I took in the perfection of his handsome features. And somehow everything seemed to slowly slip away beside me.

      He pressed his lips against me with his right hand cupping my cheek.

      Sparks flew through me. Who knew a kiss to soft could feel so wild? Even chained to the bed and in a temporary state of denial, I knew I wanted him, I just wasn't sure I was ready.

      I felt him pull me closer and drag his teeth along my bottom lip. I gasped and he took the moment to slip his tongue in, tangling it with mine. I groaned, I wanted to reach out around him. Encase him in my arms. Trace his muscular torso.

      When he at last broke the kiss, my mind felt numb. I could think of little else but the craving for more.

      I returned, somewhat, to my wits when he began to unbutton the clothes I was given to wear.

      My need to be free of the chains was greater than that of staying quiet and letting the night play out as it was intended to.

      "Your majesty-" I began, he glared at me and covered my mouth with a hand.

      "It is Veldore, or nothing. You will not be so damned formal with me Cinde, whether you want to be my mate or not."

      "V-Veldore, I do want to be your mate, please don't be rash, release me of these chains!" I pleaded.

      "No." He replied, stubborn as any man would be to sell a farm of cows to pirate for a feather.

      "Please, you- y- V- Veldore I did not mean to run from you! I was not rejecting you! Please do not think that of me!"

      He surprised me by letting his hands roam my body as he replied, almost unaware of his hands snaking movements.

      "No of course, I should have noticed you where stepping on coals and it was but reflex to break into a death fearing run."

      It took me a while to notice he was being sarcastic, maybe because of how serious an expression he wore, or maybe because his hands had now found they're way up to my upper chest and where circling my nipples, making it painfully hard to think rationally.