Chapter Eight

His men circled around me and pulled out heavy iron cuffs, screwing them tightly around my thin wrists. There was a thumb carcerem curling around each thumb, it is a thick wire connected to a ring that is fastened tightly against the thumb. There where two reasons for this I could make out. One, I could not punch anyone with that wire around my thumb, nor do much else, two I could not transform into a wolf to escape without gruesomely mutilating my paws.

      As they where about to send me forwards into the carriage I heard screams, or squealing I should say, like a pig.

      Nequi and Quam stood there in they're dinner frocks curtsying wildly to Veldore. Who seemed to be paying them the littlest of attention even staring down on them.

      "Oh your majesty!" Nequi squealed.

      "Your highness!" Quam followed.

      "We saw you at the ball!"

      "We where there!"

      "You look magnificent your majesty!"

      "What brings you here!"

      For the first time in a while since they're nattering began they noticed me, chained up in a huddle of his men. Two men behind and in front grasping tightly onto my leash.

      They gasped.

      "What did that bastard slave do! I'll whip him for you! Oh if father where here he'd slice him up for you! He's done it before!"

      "Oh slave you are done for how dare you anger the king!"

      "What'd the little rat do your highness?"  Curtsying once more.

      The king turned to both of them. His attention now fully focused on them. From my vantage point it was pretty hard to see through his men and him now fully covering my sight from them. However I felt the atmosphere chill me slightly, heard them pull backwards slightly in fright and could only imagine the look he was giving them.

      Out of no where I could hear a loud slapping sound and the girls shrieked. He had backhanded them.

      "And who are you to treat him like such." He said, his voice was calm however it seemed anything but.

      "We- he is our slave... Your majesty."

      "No longer." He said simply. I was surprised to find him so calm and resolute in finding out his mate was a slave, he didn't seem to mind at all.

      "Your highness what is going on your highness? What is this?"

      Veldore apparently decided not to waste any more minutes on the girls and let his soldier explain.

      "This young man here is his majesty king Veldore's mate. As by curriculum 117 he had attempted to reject his majesty king Veldore by running away and in doing so is now being passed down to Veldore as a slave if he does not comply by the end of the week." A gruff young man spoke.

      News to me, I thought.

      My sisters gasped, looking at each other and then back at me. I hated being in chains in front of them, it was embarrassing and humiliating.

      "Slave... Cinde your the kings mate?" Nequi asked in a small voice, as though someone was holding a dagger to her neck.

      "Yes." I said in an even smaller voice, quieter than a whisper carried by the wind, yet she seemed to have heard.