Chapter Eleven

[Eddergans POV]

        Veldore stormed into my room, his usual rampant self, and the doors swung apprehensively to the side. The force left spindly crack marks in the wall.

        "What was your affiliation with my mate?!" He yelled.

      I stood there in vague surprise as he walked closer towards me. It was an odd way to greet someone but then again nothing less suspected of my barbaric dimwit of a brother. 

        "You have a mate brother dearest?" I asked, playing innocent. The fact was I knew he had a mate. If anyone in the kingdom didn't I would suspect him deaf and or blind. He had made a big show dragging the thing from its home to the palace, it was hardly a secret.

        I also knew that his mate was a slave, a male, and the boy I almost seduced at the ball a couple weeks back. How? A were wolfs smell is just as good as his name, when you register it you remember it or you forget it just as easily. I happened to remember him, I had intended to set off for his slave masters house to get him put down however I never got around to it. Shame really, I would take much pleasure in watching my brother suffer.

        "You moronic, half witted imbecile you know full well I have a mate!"

        I laughed in the face of his anger. "My beloved brother I really do not know what you speak of."

        "He told me you dared to touch him, at the ball."

        "Well really now, how did that come up, he was thinking of me so soon after mating? Now that can't be healthy..." I sneered. When it comes to stalling, the ability to anger will always come in handy.

        "I said I would kill any who dared to lay a finger of him..." He growled. Oh how typical of the king. Possessive, blunt little bird brained brat. "And then he mentioned you!"

        "Oh did he?" I hummed, hiding my annoyance. The kid wanted me dead? Well I just couldn't let that pass on any account.

        "Explain what happened before I rip your tongue out through your teeth." His voice was calm however forever filled with anger.

        I tapped my fingers on the rim of my silver break fast tray and took another small sip from the tea. "We danced at the ball, that is it." I lied. "My my brother dearest you reek of the boy, I really can't stand the stench."

        My brother growled however either he believed me or he didn't and would not waste any more time trying to force the truth out of but he left. "If you touch him Eddergan I will know." he said as he made his way to the door. Just as he was about to close the door he whispered. "And I can promise you a pathetically short life if you do."

        I growled as soon as I felt his smell begin to fade, knowing if I had not waited he would have been able to hear it. That nasty little slave had tried to kill me. Me! Eddergan! He certainly isn't the regular slave you find, believe it or not I've never threatened a slave for his life like that. Not because I'm soft hearted, oh no. Because I've never needed to. I'm the third and eldest son of the royal family! I have everything to offer that one could ever want. Then I'm an alpha, I'm strong, handsome and of more worthy blood.

        In addition to all this I had never accidental threw myself at a slave before. That boy, though there was certainly something almost depressant about him, he was some how much too eloquent to be judged as a slave.

        In fact the only reason I had believed him was because out of all the people in the entire hall he was the most beautiful, and this is coming from someone who is not his mate. He really had looks to admire, sculpted to envy all the women of Aconite. It was clear that those around him recognized it too. However he never seemed to notice, he seemed almost forever oblivious to the attention given. 

        My theory; As the owner of many slaves I have taken great pleasure in putting them down, they just gave you the feeling of uprightness that I cannot stand. I enjoy watching they're self worth chip away, fall slowly into a slumber forever to stay sleeping.

        His owners where most probably as vindictive as me, and I liked that, oh I liked that indeed.

        When I thought about it he was no longer a slave any more, meaning I no longer had any black mail on him. I didn't like that at all. If I could attain black mail on the boy I would eventually gain black mail on my brother too.

        And if I had something like that, I could return to my rightful spot on the throne.

        No matter, I would simply have to find or make the black mail.

        First thing is first.

        I must find Cinde.

        Speaking of which, I think I recognize that smell...