Chapter Ten

I woke up in the arms of my mate, still sleeping soundly with his arms curled over my side. I took the moment of silence to admire every perfect feature he possessed. A serene calm of such that I had never felt before. Even in his sleep he seemed to own an aura of dominion.

           If ever there where a better way to wake, then enlighten me.

        My eyes traced from his face to his arms to his chest. I hoped he was asleep because the daring part in me had awoken. I nervously brought a hand up close to his chest, gently feeling it rise and fall under my fingers. I nearly jumped out of my skin when Veldore moved and gripped tight on my hand, pushing it hard against his muscular torso, his eyes still closed. When I attempted to pull away his grip on me tightened. I blushed. 

        There was a small knock on the door along with a small ringing of bells as a maid entered rolling a breakfast platter on a desk with wheels into the room.

        She seemed not to notice me as she moved to my side. I however noticed her and without hope of freeing myself from Veldore's grip pulled the covers up high enough to cover it. She set the breakfast on a tray and left it standing on the desk beside me then did the same on the desk beside Veldore before removing herself from the room almost motionlessly.

        I felt Veldore stir in his sleep before awaking, allowing me to pull my hand away. He sat up against the back of the bed letting the covers fall just about above his privates. I felt fire rush through my face as I peeked.

         He poured himself some tea before laying some of the sliced Manchet bread on his plate and dressing it with smooth butter. I felt to out of place to do the same, I felt like my place was one of the serving girl and not in his bed.

        He gave me a sharp look before grunting. "Lay your eyes to rest or eat."

        I was not going to sleep I already felt like I should have woken up at least two hours prior, it was already six. "I am not hungry."

        "You are underfed Cinde you will eat your breakfast." He growled.

        A little taken aback by his tone I quietened down and repeated. "I am not hungry."

        Veldore glared at me, which if you were in my position, would frighten years out of you. He finished his food before buttering more bread and placing the bed tray on my side. "Eat." He commanded.

        "Your majesty-" I began.

        "You either address me as Veldore or not at all!" He snapped.

        I nodded and sighed, seeing that this conversation was not going to go far. I took a small nervous bite from the bread as he watched me from the corner of his eye, some sort of proud success twinkling.

        The bread was good, very good, I had never had the likes of such food before. All it was was bread and yet it made my mouth water. It took all of my effort not to scoff it up in a mouthful being under the watchful eye of the king, well, my mate. 

         Veldore apparently was not satisfied at that and reached over to pour me tea. I halted him softly as I dared.

          "Veldore please there is no need, if you wish me to pour some I shall do so."

         "Leave me. If I wish to dote on my mate while I am in this good mood you will let me."

          I just nodded, trying to hold back the small smile playing on my lips.

        The tea was spicy, very spicy yet also sweet. Whatever it was it was nice, in an odd way. It woke me up somewhat and warmed me. When we where done with breakfast Veldore stood up. I gasped as he rose from the bed fully naked letting the sheets fall to his feet and strutted into the bathroom. It took all of me to turn away and keep my eyes from roaming him from head to toe.