Chapter Six

[Veldore's POV]

I felt someone fall into me roughly from the side. Whoever dared to even step near me when I was busy dancing must have had a death wish.

I was stunned however when I felt what could only be described as vinculum. The fiery electric feel you get when you finally come into contact with your mate.

Finally I had a mate, it had been years since my 18th birthday I had almost forgotten I would be getting one. My eyes wandered over the young boy, he looked about 18. He was pale with an olive skin tone, an oval face and somewhat feminine features. His eyes where ashen black and erotic with slender plump lips to complement. I doubted I was the only one here who found him so alluring. He was perfect.

He clambered to his feat, fear clouding his eyes. He stood rigid, staring at me like a bunny might stare at a tiger. Without further ado I freed myself of the lady I had been attempting to dance with and grabbed his small frail hand in mine.

Fire, tingling, electric. Vinculum.

My hand warmed in his, it was a nice feel. His eyes widened. Not quite the reaction you would expect when finding your mate. He looked behind him, then to the ringing bells of the clocks that signalled midnight, then to me, then to the opening doors. And ran. His body slipping through the open creak in the palace doors and into the ashen black night.

He ran from me.

My mate ran from me.

Anger swelled in my chest like hot coals.

I stormed over to the guards beside the door who where settled watching the boy run away. "That boy you just let escape! FIND HIM NOW!"

They froze in shock then nodded vigorously and bowed several times. "Aye sir! As you wish sir!"

"Bring him back to me! NOW! GO! And I want him alive!" I hissed at them. They nodded and bowed, recklessly flaying they're heads around as they clumsily ran for the open doors.

Kings don't get rejected.

Alphas don't get rejected.

If my mate doesn't want me then he doesn't have a choice. If to keep him I should have to bind him from limb to limb and clear my palace of all the sharp tools I have, then so be it.

He will be kept under ball and chain.