Mark Calaway- Childish Possessiveness

I laughed as I talked to an old guy friend of mine from high school

I laughed as I talked to an old guy friend of mine from high school. "How have you been?" Ben asked me with a huge smile.

"Great, I got that lawyer job I wanted in highschool. I studied and went to school for it and I finally got it. I'm doing pretty good for myself. What about you?" I said smiling as well. I haven't seen Ben in years, and he looks a lot more handsome than I remember. He's got nothing on Mark though.

"Amy and I divorced, so I'm single now." He told me, just above a whisper.

"I'm so sorry Ben, how are you taking it?" I asked him kindly.

"Better now that I've run into you." He told me seductively. I squinted slightly in confusion at his sudden boldness.

"Hey babe... " I heard Mark start his sentence and stop upon what I assumed to be seeing Ben.

"Hey baby, you remember Ben don't you." I said trying to ease the awkward tension. Mark and Ben despised each other in highschool, mostly because Ben would flirt with me knowing I was dating Mark.

"Boy do I." Mark said tightening his jaw.

"Mark." Ben acknowledged sarcastically.

"Ben." Mark stated back in the same tone.

I sighed at the amount of unfortunate circumstances I would get myself into a lot of the time. Mark held me possessively trying to hide the small bit of my stomach that was showing since I wore a croptop. I rolled my eyes at the childishness I had unfortunately resurfaced. I moved Mark's hands and walked away from both of them. "Its ridiculous that you two are still this childish in adulthood." I muttered more to myself although I know they most likely heard it."

"I can't believe you're still with him Y/N." Ben said, following me. Mark also followed behind but said nothing in response to Ben.

"First of all, watch your mouth talking about my husband. You don't know him like I know him, and you dang well aren't married to him. You know nothing about us, so you watch your mouth when you're talking about him because that means you're talking about me. We aren't in highschool anymore, you two need to grow up and move on." I said finally spilling out all my thoughts. Ben looked taken aback and Mark stood smug but understanding towards what I said.

"I thought you were better than that Y/N." Ben said looking me up and down before scoffing. I rolled my eyes at his words before grabbing the last thing I needed and headed towards the exit.

"Thanks babe." Mark said kissing my forehead.

"What for?" I asked while he handed me food to scan.

"For standing up for me no matter how childish I get, or how wrong I am. If I'm wrong, you'll tell me I'm wrong but always push me to do better and not constantly remind me of it." He told me with a small smile. I gave him a small smile back before moving some of his long hair and kissing his cheek. "I love you Y/N." Mark whispered to me.

"I love you too Marky!" I said giggling as he groaned at my nickname for him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading💛 I hope you enjoyed.