Chapter 2

*Start of Flashback*

"C'mon Izu-Chan! We're almost there!", I yelled out excitedly to my childhood best friend, Izuku Midoriya.

"C-Coming Kara-Chan!" the green-haired five-year-old yelled out clutching his notebook while trying to keep up with me.

He stops to catch his breath after catching up with me once you finally make it to the playground not far from our homes.

"K-Kara-Chan you a-are so fast!" he quickly states out of breath, though his eyes are gleaming with admiration.

"Thanks, Izu-Chan!" I giggled before looking at him worriedly.

"A-Are you ok?" I gently put my hand on his shoulder.

"Y-Yeah! I'm just fine!" He quickly blurts out while his face turns red due to the contact.

"L-Lets just go play, okay?" he asks nervously, getting up and looking at me with big eyes. "OK!!!" I quickly run to the jungle gym and start climbing up and then I hang upside down.

He sits on the slide and watches me in amazement as I tackle the jungle gym with ease.

I notice this and decide to quietly sneak up on him.

He opens his notebook and starts taking notes on something as I get closer, he fails to notice that I am off the jungle gym and standing over him watching him scribble words down.

"Izu-Channnnn~" I chirp happily as I watch him, he flinches and looks up, his face redder than ever.

"Y-yes K-Kara-Chan?" he barely closes his notebook before I drag him off the slide towards the swings.

"Can you push me on the swing?" I look at him stopping in front of the swing set.

"I- I don't know i-if i-i'm s-strong enough to-'' he does the wrong thing by looking up at me only to find me using puppy dog eyes.

"Pweaaaaseeeee~?" I push my lower lip out and he gulps.

"F-fine get on the swing..."

I perk up and quickly jump on the swing giggling as he goes behind the swing and pushes it gently.

"Higher Izu-Chan!" I squeal as he pushes the swing harder and I fly higher and higher until I get high enough and jump off bringing out my wings and floating back down to the ground slowly.

"W-woahhhh..." His eyes are filled with wonder as his cheeks flush red.

He runs up to me excitedly giggling.

"KARA-CHAN THAT W-WAS AWESOME!!!"

My cheeks flush red as I manage to stutter out a 'T-Thanks'.

A few hours pass as Izuku and I play together on the playground, oblivious to the cloaked figure in the shadows.

Waiting...

"Kara! Izuku! Time to come home!" my mother yells from afar causing both of me and Izuku to perk up in response.

"Coming Mommy!" I yell and grab Izuku's wrist, starting to drag him to my home.

"W-Wait Kara-chan m-my notebook... I have to go back!" He tugs his arm back, turning around.

"I'll be at your house in a few go ahead without me."

I look at him with big eyes before agreeing.

"O-ok, promise me you won't be long?" He nods his head quickly

"Of course, I won't be long." he replies before scurrying off to find his notebook. I turn around and run home quickly.

*Outside POV*

The green-haired boy runs around frantically looking for his notebook.

"W-where is it? I-I could've sworn I had it over h-here..." he questions himself quietly.

"I- I can't l-lose the n-notes on Kara-Chan."

He blushes slightly thinking about you, little to your knowledge he has had a crush on you since the day he saw you save a kitten from being stuck in a tree.

"Looking for this young one?" A low deep voice suddenly asks the young lad.

He looks up slowly only to see a man in a suit with a strange mask over his face holding his notebook out to him.

"Y-Yeah t-that's mine...." He shakily reaches out for it only for the stranger to pull the notebook away.

"If you want this then you are going to have to come with me..." The stranger goes to grab Izuku's arm and he backs away quickly.

"Y-You can keep i-it I- I guess I can get another one...." Izuku turns around quickly about to run off when the stranger grabs him from behind, putting a cloth to his mouth.

"K-Kara...chan..." everything goes dark.

The stranger then carries the young child away.

*Normal POV*

A few minutes pass and I start getting worried.

"M-Mommy, he said he will be here in a few minutes... It's been a few minutes!"

I paced back and forth in front of the door.

"Well I guess you can go to the park and see if he needs help..." mother hesitantly states.

"OK!! I'll be back in a few minutes with Izu-Chan!" I quickly open the door sprinting to the park, only to find it empty.

"I-Izu-Chan?" I call out quickly.

"I-Izu-Chan, where are you?" I sprint around worriedly unable to find my friend when suddenly I tripped over something on the ground.

I get up and look down only to see his notebook lying there.

I pick it up clutching it to my chest looking around scared.

*End Of Flashback*

The notebook sits on the shelf waiting for its owner to come and retrieve it.

Dust collecting on the cover.

The page of notes about me is still bookmarked.

"It's been a while..." I murmur to myself.

I haven't seen Izuku since that fateful day and I'm not sure if I'll ever see him again.

I also don't know what happened to him.

I hope he's safe and happy somewhere, but I feel guilty for leaving him alone.

I often think about his smile, his cheeky personality, and how adorable he looked when he was younger.

I hope someday if he is alive, we will meet again.

Though I know it may never happen.

I sigh sadly looking at the notebook, I then glance at the photo of me and Izuku sitting on the bench outside my childhood home.

For years that photo sat on a small table next to the bed, but now I've moved it to the bookshelf beside the notebook.

"I'd give anything to see him again..." I whisper sadly.

I don't know why I say those words, it is true after all.

But somehow I feel like I need to hear them.

As I lie in bed I stare blankly at the ceiling, listening to the sounds of silence.

"I miss you Izu..." I murmur to myself.

I close my eyes and drift into a light sleep.