Chapter 9

*Start of flashback*

"C'mon, kitty, kitty, kitty!" I desperately called out to the kitten in the tree.

"Meow!" the cat responds by moving on the branch.

"Fine! I'll just go up there and get you!" I began climbing the tree slowly.

"Meowwww..." the cat backs up as I near it.

"Stop moving!" I get on the same branch and crawl towards the kitten carefully.

"Hissssss!" The cat claws my hand and I quickly back up, almost falling.

"That wasn't nice!" I'm trying to help!" I grab the cat with both hands.

"Meow! Hiss!" The cat claws me on the cheek and jumps out of my arms and out of the tree.

I get startled and lose my balance, falling out of the tree with a thud, hurting my arm.

I look for the cat but see that it's gone.

*Izuku's Pov*

I watch the small girl try to help the kitten but it looks as if the cat doesn't like her very much.

"Hisssss!" I watch the cat scratch her hand and she frowns.

"That wasn't nice! I'm trying to help!" I hear her cry out frustrated, as she grabs the cat with both hands.

"I wouldn't do that...'' I mutter quietly.

"Meow! Hissssss!" I watch the cat scratch her face then jump out of the tree, running off.

"Eek!" I hear a thud and quickly look to see the girl on the ground cradling her arm.

*Both Pov*

"Ouch..." the young brunette mutters, cradling her hurt arm.

"A-Are you ok?" She looks up to see a small green-haired boy with freckles looking at her with concern.

"Y-yeah..." she mutters out quickly, suddenly the boy holds out his hand, offering to help her up.

She takes it and dusts off her clothes with her unhurt arm.

"T-That cat didn't seem to like y-you..." the boy quickly states, while his cheeks turn pink.

"That w-was cool of you to try and- and save it though!" He quickly stutters when he sees the girl's face fall.

"Thanks..." she mutters out quietly, her golden orbs looking at the boy with slight embarrassment in them.

"You're welcome! A-are you sure you're ok though? You're bleeding!" he exclaims and the girl touches her cheek and looks at the blood.

"Oh..." she looks at the blood with tears pooling in her eyes.

"D-Dont cry! H-Here wait I got b-bandaids!" the freckled boy panics quickly unzipping his All Might book bag and pulling out a bandage.

"I get hurt a lot, so I carry band-aids!" he explains while unwrapping the bandaid and putting it on her cheek, sticking his tongue out in concentration.