Chapter 17

*Flash Forwards*

"Kara you need to snap out of this.... You are wanted for multiple murder counts..." Kiri states looking down at me as I am cuffed to a chair.

"Snap out of what?" I ask feigning innocence.

"YOU ARE A FUCKING VILLAIN YOU BUGGY BITCH!" Bakugou yells and I look at him with a dead look in my eyes.

"I'm perfect the way I am," I state while turning my head to look at Tamaki with venom laced in my voice.

"You heroes... think you are sooooo special~ calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a villain-" I sigh and look around.

"Why don't you look in the mirror? Then let's see who's the villain..." I sneer and roll my eyes.

"K-Kara... they kidnapped y-"

"Kidnapped? No- they saved me..." I cut off the shy indigo-haired male with a glare.

I let my gaze cross over each of the three males in the room.

My gaze then sets on Kirishima who looks like he is about to speak.

"You don't know what you are talking about-" Kiri starts and I tug at the restraints testing their strength of them.

"No, you don't know what YOU are talking about," I reply back and I hear him sigh.

Kiri looks at the males and nods towards a corner.

I watch as they all walk into the corner and I hear multiple murmurs.

*Present time*

"You ready Kara?" I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Izu clear his throat.

"Oh, yeah- let's just get this over with." I quickly mutter before getting out of the car.

I take a deep breath as I see multiple people that should recognize me, but don't.

Suddenly I feel my hand get grabbed and I look down to see Izu intertwining his fingers with mine.

I look at him as he gives me a reassuring smile and we both head toward the doors, and down the red carpet.

"It's gonna be okay, love~" Izu murmurs in my ear and I smile looking at the cameras, waving.

"Who are you?"

"Are you a new, upcoming hero?"

"Do you think your hero rank will change?"

"What is your quirk?"

I hear multiple reporters ask and I flinch, my breathing quickly becoming ragged.

"My client will be answering none of your questions!" I hear Izu declare as he quickly hurries me inside.

"Thanks..." I mutter out and receive a head pat from him.

"I can't have you freaking out on me yet... we still have a whole night ahead of us~" he responds with a wink and I laugh a little.

"Oh, I think it's starting!" I hear a couple of hushed whispers as the lights in the room dim.

Izu and I head to a pair of seats at an empty table.

"Is this thing on?" I perk up at hearing the voice of my old English teacher from U.A.

"Ah! Good evening everyone!" The loud blonde exclaims.

"I'm Present Mic and the announcer of the Hero ranks for this evening!" Mic exclaims louder this time and I chuckle to myself, remembering him as a teacher.