Chapter 3

There he was, standing in front of me, a bloody, mutilated version of my childhood friend.

His head was tilting to the side as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"I-Izu-Chan?" I ask, frightened, reaching out hesitantly.

"K-Kara......"

His voice was flat, dull, and very lifeless, barely a whisper, as he reached out, grasping my hand.

"You did this to me... He says as my eyes widen.

"N-No... I-" I stop talking and look at him with tears brimming in my eyes.

"I-It's not my f-fault.." I stutter helplessly, looking around, pulling my hand slowly back from his.

When I look back at him, he takes a staggering step toward me, shaking his head.

"You should have never left me behind... I'm dead because of you!" he lunges at me screaming

"YOU DID THIS!"

I jolt up drenched in sweat with tears running down my cheeks as I fight to catch my breath.

Of course, I was having nightmares about him.

I looked at the clock on your nightstand only to see that it was 4:14 in the morning.

"Great..." I muttered to myself. It was three days before the anniversary of Izuku's disappearance, and I couldn't sleep at all, not without having nightmares about him.

I suddenly get a shiver down my spine, and I pull my blanket up, trembling as I look for the source of this sudden burst of cold air.

I look at my window only to see it open with a small draft flowing through my room.

"I didn't leave that open.. did I?"

I get up, close the window, and lock it.

"It's dangerous for me to be leaving this open at night. Someone could break in..." I scolded myself aloud.

Suddenly, I see a flash of green moving behind a bush near my window, I perk up, looking closer with wide eyes only to see that it was the wind blowing the bush.

I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

"He's dead. There's no way he is alive. Stop being so paranoid, you idiot..." I huff in annoyance as I turn around and get back in bed curling up in a ball, trembling due to being on the verge of tears.

"He isn't ever coming back..."

I get up and grab his notebook off the shelf, opening it.

I run my hand along the first page and start reading the notes that were scribbled in kidlike handwriting filled with admiration for the heroes.

As I read, I came across a page with a drawing that looked like me when I was younger with a few notes scribbled around it.

I smile slightly as a tear manages to slip down my cheek, I wipe it away and flip through the pages filled with more notes about me.

Why were there so many?

How did I not know about them?

"Izu... you big dork." I smile looking at the notes, suddenly feeling my eyelids grow heavy.

I put the notebook on my nightstand and curl up falling asleep quickly, with tears streaming down my face slowly.

*His POV*

I barely escaped before she awoke frightened, I jumped out the window quickly before she saw me.

"That was close..." I muttered to myself, grinning.

"Great..." I heard her soft, sweet voice mutter, I then heard sheets ruffling, and she got up, walking toward the window I was hiding outside under.

"I didn't leave that open.. did I?"

She closes and locks the window, and I barely hear her scolding herself.

When I thought I was in the clear, I dashed for the nearest bush hiding behind it and peeking through an opening.

I suck in a breath when I see her looking at the bush with a frightened look. She lets out a breath and says something before turning and disappearing into her room.

I ran back to her window, peeking over the windowsill.

"So cute~..." I mutter to myself and watch as she suddenly gets up, going towards a shelf.

I duck down and wait a few seconds before I peek again.

"Is that -" My eyes widen as I see her reading the notebook I had as a kid.

"She kept it..." I grin giddily, watching as a tear drips down her cheek, knowing what she's looking at.

"Izu... you big dork." I perk up when I hear my name, and I see her smile.

I notice her eyelids getting heavy as she puts my notebook on her nightstand and curls up.

Only when I think she is asleep do I start heading back to the base.

"Only three more days~," I mutter in a sing-song way, smiling happily.

"Three more days until we meet, my little Doll~" he sighs, looking back at your house.

"Three more days until you are mine again..."

He disappears into a shadowy alleyway just as the sun starts to rise.