Meet The Commissioner

When their working day was done, the kids were visiting Gotham City.

It was the first time Meg had ever gone with her friends to the city. 

"How many times have you guys been here?" she said.

"A fair few" said Sam.

"What are we here for?" said Meg.

"Well, Bruce Wayne wants us to meet him at Commissioner Gordon's office. He has something he wants to discuss with us" Calvin explained.

"What?" said Meg.

"I asked him that over the phone. He said it was a surprise" said Calvin.

"Oh" Meg gasped.

The kids made it to the police headquarters and made their way up to the thirteenth floor of the building.

They knocked on the door of Commissioner Gordon's office.

"Come in" they heard two voices say.

The kids entered the office enthusiastically.

"Hello, Commissioner Gordon. Chief O'Hara" said Calvin.

"The Three Warriors without their uniforms. What a surprise" said Commissioner Gordon.

"And who's this pretty lady?" said Chief O'Hara.

"Oh, this is my sister. Meg Murry-Stuart" said Charles Wallace.

"Ah, yes! We've heard about you. You married Chad Stuart of Chad and Jeremy, yes?" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Yes, Commissioner. How did you know?" said Meg.

"After their performance in Gotham City, we've kept in touch with them. It wasn't until shortly before we met these three that Bruce Wayne told us about your marriage to Chad" Commissioner Gordon explained.

"Oh" Meg whispered.

"Speaking of, where is Bruce? I thought he and Dick were coming to see us" said Sam.

"They're on their way, dear" said Chief O'Hara.

Pretty soon, Bruce and his youthful ward, Dick Grayson, showed their faces in the office.

"Hello there, kids. We're glad you could make it" said Bruce.

"Hey, Bruce, Dick" said Sam.

"What is it we're discussing?" said Calvin.

"Well. The first thing we should say is that it's awful nice to see Meg after a long and weird war" said Dick.

"Hi" said Meg.

"Meg. Are you familiar with the annual Gotham City Jubilee?" said Bruce.

"I don't think so" said Meg.

"I don't think any of us are aware of it" said Charles Wallace.

"You see, once a year, the citizens of Gotham City celebrate the wonders of the city with a jubilee. And this year, we're asking some favors of you" said Commissioner Gordon.

"You want us to help out with a jubilee?" said Charles Wallace.

"Indeed" said Chief O'Hara.

"Gawrsh. How can we help?" said Sam.

"Well. For a start, Dick and I have agreed that we'd like the Beatles to be the hosts" said Bruce.

"The Beatles? Host a jubilee?" said Meg.

"Yes. Is something wrong with that?" said Dick.

"No, of course not. But I've never seen them host something like this except their own concerts" said Meg.

"But we thought they'd be perfect. They're very clever" said Dick.

"We'll talk to them about it" said Sam.

"We'll leave that to Meg because she's the one they love the most. Sam, I'd like you to talk to your husband about the Wiggles being the main entertainers. A grand finale, in a way" said Bruce.

"Okay. I'm gonna do that" said Sam.

"And you two can make sure preparations are running smoothly and help Bruce and I out" Dick suggested.

"Yes sir, General Grayson, sir!" said Charles Wallace exuberantly. 

Commissioner Gordon laughed and said "Very well. Our plans are in motion".