ASSEMBLE - PART 2

That was a rather good signal. 

As everyone was rushing towards Thanos’ army, Nora took a deep breath and glanced at her ring. 

“Okay,” she whispered. “You want to burn, then do it.”

She closed her eyes. When she reopened them, she was standing in the middle of Thanos’ soldiers, running towards her friends. Fire was already taking care of everything that came a little too close from her. 

“Thor, Steve, you hear me ?” she asked, still burning everything around her. “I need a lot of thunder over here.”

“Where are you ?” Steve said. 

Nora sent a fire beam over her head and waited. Only a second later, lightning struck all around her. She let a huge wave of fire escape her body. After a few waves of explosions she miraculously managed to dodge, Nora teleported back to her side of the battlefield and watched as the Flames were eating through a lot of shields. 

She smiled and ran away, happy to have done something that felt so good. 

She climbed on top of a few rocks and started burning everything that didn’t look human, until she remembered someone thought it was a good idea to bring aliens to help them too. She jumped down and opted for a safer option. Burning everything that was coming after people she knew. That could work. 

Something jumped on her back and threw her to the ground. Before she could react, it got shot in the head and fell on top of her. Nora grabbed the metal hand she was offered and smiled. 

“Hey, you’re back !” 

“Kill them before they kill you, remember ?” Nora burned a few things running behind him and nodded. “You look different. How long has it been this time ?” Barnes asked. 

“Five years.”

Oh. Okay.”

He ran away, leaving Nora very confused. That man had a lot of issues if he didn’t think that being gone for five years wasn’t that big of a deal. 

As she was rushing next to one of the Dora Milaje whose name she’d never heard before, she spotted the kid running away from a bunch of space dogs. These things were a plague. You killed one, ten more were jumping on you. She stood in front of him and burned everything before forcing him to stop and look at her. 

“Where’s Stephen ?”

“Who ?” he said, clearly a little confused. 

Nora sighed. “Doctor Strange !”

“Oh, Mr Stark said he wasn’t a real do-”

Peter ! Where is he ?” He pointed behind her. Before she left, she called him again and waited for him to listen. “Tony’s that way,” she said, looking at a pile of rocks on their left.

“Thanks Ma’am !”

Nora rolled her eyes and started running in the direction he told her. If this whole shitshow was his plan, they could all leave and let him deal with it on his own. 

“Keller ! A little help here !”

She turned around and watched as Clint was being chased by more space dogs. She really, really, hated these things. She didn’t know how many of them Thanos hid in his ship, but she needed of all them to just burn in hell.

She motioned him to go behind her and conjured a shield just when they were getting closer to them. They burned, filling the area with a disgusting, and yet enjoyable, smell.

“I have the stones,” he said, “what do I do ?”

“We need to keep them away from Thanos and destroy them !” Steve shouted in their ears.