LIVE FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE

“Can I say that I don’t like this ?” Nora said, putting more candles down on the floor. 

Stephen stood up and glared at her. “I don’t like that you created a universe where my sole purpose in life was to hunt you down and murder you, but here we are.” He rolled his eyes and kept looking inside the Darkhold. “Let’s at least make it a useful reality.”

“Who hunt you down ?” Christine asked, joining them inside the room. Nora pursed her lips and pointed at the hole in the window behind Stephen. “Oh. So he was… the one from the nightmares ?”

“Yes,” Nora said, her voice almost a whisper. 

She’d never forgive herself for that. The more she was thinking about it, the worse it was getting. All Noras across the Multiverse were scared of Stephen Strange. She saw so many of them running away from him, hiding, losing themselves in books to find a way to protect themselves, all because Nora didn’t want the life she’d been given. How many of them would still be scared even if the dreams stopped ? How many of them would keep having these nightmares because they’d be scarred for life ? 

Christine pressed her hand on Nora’s arm. “At least you won’t have them anymore.”

“Well…”

Stephen looked up. “What now ? Did you run around creating universes ?”

“You did what ?” Christine asked, staring at Nora with confusion.

“I didn’t,” Nora tried to defend herself. “But you know, it wasn’t just me. What if one Nora snaps and decides to take revenge ? It's not like it never happened before,” she said, looking at the floor. "I'm pretty good at revenge." 

Christine and Stephen looked at each other for a few seconds. 

“She has a point,” Christine said with a frown. "One of them could-"

Stephen sighed and pointed at Nora. “Never, Nora. I will never let you take part in anything else again,” he warned her. “When we go home, you use all of your Stark money to buy yourself a bookshop in… I don’t know, Minnesota, and you never leave this place again. Who even let you go back in time ?”

You !” she shouted. “You and your stupid plan of ‘let’s kill half the universe for five years and ask the Avengers to get the stones back in the past to bring everyone back’ !”

Christine arched a brow. “You still have the Avengers ?”

“Yeah, you don’t ?”

“Not since the Ultron program was created.”

“Hm.” Nora winced. “Didn’t really work for us.”

Red balls of magic appeared around Stephen. He started looking inside all of them, until he let out a relieved sigh and looked at Nora. 

“I found her,” he said. He turned to Christine. “Your Nora is there too.”

“Is she okay ?” they both asked at the same time. 

Stephen frowned. “They’re with Wanda, so… not exactly.”

He sent the red sphere back into the Darkhold and kneeled in front of it while Nora was bringing back the last of the candles she could find. Christine looked at them.

“What are you doing with the Darkhold ?” she asked. As Nora and Stephen were looking at each other, Christine sighed. “Were you going to dreamwalk ? And you’re letting him ?”

“I don’t really agree, but I don’t think there’s another way,” Nora answered, giving her a sorry look. 

“And it’s a little bit more than dreamwalking.”