FREE THERAPY IN HELL

“What is this ?” Tony screamed. “Where did you get me ? Is this Hell ? Did you kill me ? Keller, I swear if I’m dead- Keller ! Keller, open your eyes !”

Nora kept her eyes closed for a second. She needed a second to realize that it worked. Finally a plan that didn’t involve anyone dying, and it worked. 

“It worked,” she laughed. “It fucking worked !” She looked at Tony and smiled. “It worked.”

“Okay, you said that already.” He opened his helmet and screamed. “Woa !” And just like that, the helmet was back on. “You really need to tell me where we are. I am gonna melt here ?”

Nora threw the flames away from him. “It worked,” she repeated, on the verge of tears. 

“Are you crazy ? You sound crazy,” Tony said. 

She huffed and motioned him to sit on a rock next to her. “That’s where my fire comes from,” she explained. “I’ll keep it away from you, but the heat… I can’t do anything about that. Keep your helmet on.”

“Is it Hell ? Do you have Hellfire ? How long have you known ?”

“It’s not Hell. It’s just… somewhere with fire.”

“So it’s like your home.”

“I live in Seattle.”

Tony’s suit punched her arm and pointed ahead of them. “Is it where you came when your father…” She nodded and kept looking at the flames. “Shit. Sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

“How do you know Strange’s thing won’t get here ?”

She gave him a sad smile. “The same way the spell protecting my family wore off when I came here the first time.”

“Magic sucks,” Tony said. 

“Yeah,” she laughed. 

“What do we do now ?” he calmly asked after a minute of silence.

Nora looked at him and shrugged. “We wait. I don’t know when Stephen will be done. Shouldn’t be long.”

“And everyone will forget about the kid ?”

“Hm-hm.”

“Except us.”

“Yeah.” Nora looked at him and sighed. “Stephen wanted me to take MJ.”

“He knows you’re here ?”

“No, I think he meant with a shield or something, but the spell was too strong. It takes me some time to burn through a spell,” she explained. “Coming here was the only way.”

Tony laughed. “And you were okay with accidentally killing me and not the girlfriend ?”

“No,” she scoffed. “But I thought that if I had to choose, I'd want to have my father more. Stephen’s gonna hate me.”

“Why ? You did what he wanted.”

She frowned. “When he forgets about Peter, everything left will be him asking me for help-”

“And you leaving him there,” Tony finished. “How’s counseling going ? You two could use some therapy. Pepper and I go, and we’re good.”

Nora sighed. “I don’t think there’ll be much to save when he’s done with that. Even if I tell him, he won't trust me.”

“You want my opinion ?”

“Not really.”

Good, I’m gonna give it to you, then,” Tony laughed. “He has a thing for getting himself in trouble, that one.”