KELLER v MAXIMOFF v HARKNESS v SWORD ... v SCRATCHY

Nora stared at Wanda in front of her and Agnes on top of a building. She didn’t have a lot of time, and only one of them was an immediate threat to people. 

As a ball of fire was forming in her hand, the restraints on her throat disappeared. Nora changed her mind and threw fire in Agnes’ direction. Around her, everyone was already standing up and trying to protect themselves. 

Nora opened a portal and turned to them. “Jump through ! Go !” They all changed their trajectory and rushed towards the flaming portal. “Don’t touch the fire ! It burns !” 

No one seemed to care and they all jumped through without looking at the flames. Nora didn’t even know where she sent them. “I’m trusting you on that,” she muttered to herself, hoping that the ring wouldn’t hurt anyone. 

Now that Wanda was getting her magic back inside her, Nora stopped and looked around. She’d never suspected that one person could have so much magic. Yes, Wanda was actively setting everyone free, but now they all knew what she was capable of. And according to Agnes, it was only a small fraction of her power. 

Nora closed her portal as soon as the street was evacuated and turned towards Agnes. 

“Okay,” she whispered. “I need to fly. Don’t embarrass me.”

Fire spread over Nora’s body and her feet left the ground. When she landed next to the witch, who didn’t look anything like the woman who used to come to the supermarket everyday, Nora decided to stay on fire. If any of these women were attacking her, she’d need it. 

“Feels good, doesn’t it ?” Agnes said with a smile. “I’m Agatha, by the way.”

“What you said about Wanda, is it true ?”

“All of it.” She looked around her and glanced at Wanda with disgust. “She’s not worth that much power.”

“I’ve heard someone say that about me too,” Nora calmly said. She looked at Wanda down in the street and sighed. “How do you stop her ?”

“You don’t,” Agatha laughed. “But I can take it. Wanda won’t be a threat to you anymore, you’ll be able to do whatever you want to her.”

Nora scoffed. “Right. And then I’ll have to deal with you.”

She kept staring at Wanda. Nora had no idea how much of it she was aware of. Nora didn’t know either when Wanda realized what she was doing. Before Halloween, since they had a conversation. Wanda probably knew she was doing it, but she clearly didn’t know how. 

And Nora strongly believed that knowledge was power. And right now, Agatha had that knowledge. 

“I know it’s crazy,” she said, “but I’d rather have her keep it than you.”

She kept throwing fire at Agatha, but the witch was moving around her, threatening to burn the entire town. Nora left the rooftop and flew a little higher, trying to focus only on burning Agatha. She was right about something, though. Being in control had never felt better. 

When Nora’s eyes landed on the street to check if Wanda was almost done stopping her own craziness, she noticed Vision joining her from one side of the street. On the other side, Wanda’s children. Nora felt something in her hand and looked at her ring. Her finger was black again. Her glove reappeared too. 

Each passing second, the dome over their head was getting thinner. 

Vision and the children fell down, unable to keep moving. Nora stopped attacking Agatha and landed on the street. Something was destroying them. Wanda turned around to look at Nora and noticed the exact same thing.