Chapter 2 Pendulum Explanation

After the duel of Yuya versus Strong Ishijima, a lot of people are trying to get to You Show Duel School so that they can see the famous Pendulum Summon. However, Yuya and Yuni are not at the school, because they have some business to do and only Shuzo knows where they are and he refuses to tell the others.

Yuzu sighs as she is a little angry, "Where are Yuya and Yuni? Without them, the school is a mess!"

Ryu frowns, "Dad won't tell us where they are, and only Yuya has those Pendulum Cards..."

In Leo Corporation's Office, Yuya and Yuni are now sitting in their own office, they are rewatching the Duel and the Pendulum Summon. Just then, they hear a door knock, and Akaba Reiji walks into the room.

Yuni says, "Reiji. You've come."

Reiji notices the screen and says, "Pendulum Summoning. How come I never heard about this project before?"

Yuya says, "We just acquired the method last night when our Pendants glowed and our cards changed themselves. Apparently, they are the work of Zarc and Zarine, as well as Reisho's work. By the way, Will Reisho come back to Standard today?"

Reiji says, "I haven't heard anything from him yet, but with the method appearing out of nowhere, I am sure that he will be back to Standard during these days."

"You don't need to worry about days, I'm already here." Just then, a man with grey hair walks into the room, he is the same age as Yuya and Yuni, but has an appearance similar to Reiji.

"Reisho!" Yuni rushes towards him and hugs him. "Why are you here?"

"I got a message from my monsters that both of you unlocked your deck's Pendulum Energies." Reisho says. "Though I would never think that you would show the crowd about this new method."

Yuya sighs, "Zarc and Zarine think that it has been three years since our Dad went to Fusion, so they decide to unlock them for us. I assume your cards are also Pendulum Monsters?"

Reisho says, "Glad you ask, but it is a pain to hide everything from my father. After all, I don't want Pendulum Summon to become a weapon for people who used them to hurt others."

Yuya and Yuni frown as they have learned the whole thing about the four dimensions and how Akaba Leo is using an army of Fusion Dimension Duelists to invade others. All because he wants to get Akaba Ray back.

Yuya says, "Speaking of your father. Reisho. Ray has awakened from her deep sleep inside Yuzu."

Reisho is surprised as he asks, "Really? So Ray IS inside Yuzu after all. I was going to get worried since Zarc and Zarine are confirmed to be inside you two but not Ray."

Reiji asks, "Am I safe to assume that Ray is my half-sister? The same one that my Father cares for the most?"

Reisho nods, "Sad to say, yes. I would definitely want to talk to her about everything that happened during these years. However, we have some important matters to discuss. That is, Pendulum Summon."

Yuya places four cards on the table, which are Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Dark Rebellion Phantom Dragon, Clear Wing Wind Dragon, and Starve Venom Predator Dragon. Yuni also places four cards on the table, which are Hope-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Light Patience Flying Dragon, Rainbow Wing Aqua Dragon, and Full Clear Cooking Dragon.

Yuya says, "As you can see, Pendulum Monsters can not only be found in normal or effect monsters, but even Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz combined, as for Ritual, unfortunately, we don't have cards that are Ritual and Pendulum, but I assume that it also exists, right?"

Reisho says, "Maybe. But all they have in common is the additional text box and the numbers that are treated as scales."

Yuni says, "Duel Disks have a set mode inside, and both of our duel disks are already upgraded for the use of Pendulum Zones. The numbers that are added under the scales are the Pendulum Scales. Like Timegazer Magician and Stargazer Magician, one of them has the number 8 and the other one has 1. If we place on the right scale, then we'll be able to summon Monsters that are between the scales."