Chapter 39 The Kidnapper of Ruri

Inside Yuni's mind, Sona wakes up and finds two people standing in front of her. "I see that you're awake." Zarine says to Sona, who looks around and asks, "Let me guess, this is Yuni's mind?"

"You're correct. I should introduce myself, I am Zarine, I am your original soul." Zarine says. "And this here is Kurosaki Rumi, let's say that she's your Xyz Dimension self."

Sona slightly pales a little after hearing what her Xyz Counterpart is named, and Rumi is showing some sort of angry aura, and says, "Thanks to you kidnapping my sister, I have to suffer a lot, it will be better if I get my revenge here and now."

Zarine stops Rumi and says, "You can't deal any damage when we're inside Yuni's mind, and you're not the only one that suffers, if anything, the real enemy is Akaba Leo."

Sona says, "About what happened to your sister, I'm truly sorry. When I thought the Professor only wanted to capture an Xyz Dimension person instead of carding, I didn't think about the consequences. I promise if you listen to my part of a story, I will let you do anything to me."

Rumi gives Sona a glare and she says, "Fine."

After Yuni and Katrina take the two Academia students to the special dorm for LDS students so that no one will be able to find them except for officials like them, Katrina volunteers to stay there while Yuni goes to talk to Reiji about the situation.

"Since you're here, Serena. I should introduce myself. I am Sakaki Katrina, you might have heard of me as the Vampire of Heartland." Katrina says.

"Vampire of Heartland?" Serena asks, she has heard of the rumors of a vampire in Heartland, those who were defeated by her would become very weak. But then again, maybe the Xyz Duelist who defeated one of Academia's spies is her.

"Does that mean you were the Xyz Duelist that defeated Sona's brother?" Serena asks.

"No, I'm not. I should tell you that I wasn't from Xyz Dimension, only that I was teleported there 7 years ago. 3 years ago, I witnessed how Academia turned the Xyz Dimension into a battlefield, I saw a lot of defenseless citizens become victims of the so-called hunting game of yours. I only came back to Standard Dimension a few weeks ago, because I know that my siblings will be able to help me."

Serena frowns as says, "I thought if I defeat the Xyz Duelist, the Professor will acknowledge my skills and I will be sent to the frontlines... I thought we were doing a glorious thing..."

Katrina says, "There is nothing glorious in it. And I have to say that the Professor already acknowledges your skill, but he already has plans for you."

"What do you mean by that?" Serena asks.

"The Professor wants you to become a sacrifice just like those carded people, you are one of his key of ambitions." Katrina says with a bitter tone.

This causes Serena to be shocked. Satoshi says, "Is that true? Does Serena have to be just like those people who are carded? How did you know Professor's plans?"

Katrina says, "We also have spies in Academia as well, he has been giving us a lot of information about what the Professor is planning. To create the utopia, the Professor needs four people that look like you, Serena. You are the one, and Yuzu is another one..."

Serena wants to think that it isn't true, but Katrina says, "You don't have to believe me if you want to, but that is an undeniable truth. The Professor is scared that you will leave the Academia, which is why he is sending an army here to bring you back, or else the utopia isn't going to be created."

Serena frowns, finally scrubbed to defeat, she says, "I can't believe this... HOW DARE HE! After everything I've done to him, I have to be like those carded people?!"