Chapter 35 Seek the Truth

In Academia, a girl with an Osiris Red Uniform and purple hair is walking in the hallway, she sees Sona talking to a person with raven hair and a Ra Yellow uniform.

"I see, so you're going to Standard Dimension tomorrow." The boy asks Sona with concern on his face.

"Yes. Satoshi." Sona says with determination. "I am going there as Professor's orders. My brother has been sent back from there by Xyz Users, thus I will be going there as a replacement."

"Can you take me with you?" The two turn around and see the girl standing there, and she shows her face, it is the same as Yuzu, Ruri, and Rin.

"Serena? What are you talking about? And importantly, what are you doing here?" Satoshi asks.

"I want to go to Standard. Please take me with you." Serena says.

"But the Professor has ordered your stay here. There is no way he will let you leave." Sona says.

"I don't care, if I defeat the Xyz Duelists there, the Professor will acknowledge my skills and let me go to the front line!" Serena says.

Sona sighs again, she and Serena are best friends as well as Yuri, they were orphans that join the school together. Sona and Yuri are the strongest of all students, but they didn't have many friends due to their duel freaked out a lot of Academia students.

After Akaba Leo appeared and became the Professor of the school, Sona had been through the Xyz Dimension, she was terrified at what she and her friends were doing, she thought of it as a noble goal, but what her classmates did wasn't dueling but hunting. They didn't show mercy for defenseless citizens. Sona hated what they did, so when she came back, she tried to persuade her friends. But she found that it was too late as some of them were missing, most likely being carded or escaped the school, but some of them, such as her brother, were able to take pleasure in it. It was until Sona managed to defeat Satoshi in a duel that she realized that he was controlled and saved him. So Satoshi owed Sona a life and they had been secretly creating fake cards for the goal.

Sona was also asked to kidnap Ruri while Yuri goes to kidnap Rin. Sona really hated to do this, but she didn't have a choice as she did so. And she could tell that Yuri also hated it just like her, but he had already fallen into the darkness from what Sona had seen, and for Serena, she didn't know a thing ever since Professor wiped out her memories about them playing together.

"But..." Sona says as she tries to think of words to persuade Serena, just then, Barret, a one-eyed soldier comes into their view.

"Captain Barret?" Satoshi asks with a slight tremble.

"Are you going to stop me, too?" Serena asks him.

"No, Serena sama. I have heard your wishes. Sona sama, why don't you let her join you in the Standard Dimension? Professor has also asked me to protect Serena Sama, so her safety is my top priority." Barret says.

"So you mean that you are also coming, I don't see a reason not to." Sona says as Serena gives a sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, Yuya is put on his bed as everyone, excluding Ryu and Gongenzaka gathers around the bed with worry.

"So what just happened?" Ron asks.

"Well, we found Sora, I guess that he was dueling Yuto to lure out Kurosaki Shun." Yuni says. "But the duel is forced to stop."

"But why?" Jean asks.

"My dad must have installed a Force-Return Program, once Sora reveals his identity, he will be returned back to Academia." Reisho says. "But right now it is getting worse. Once Sora goes back, there will be no doubt that Miami City will share the fate with Heartland..."