Chapter 22 The Wings of Rebellion

While heading back to You Show Duel School, Katrina left earlier as she got a call from Yuni, while the children, Yuya, Yuzu, Ron, Jean, and Sora are walking on the streets.

"Let's have a huge party today to celebrate my qualification for the Junior Youth Championship!" Sora says.

"You really like celebrating, huh?" Yuya asks.

"I just want to eat some cake!" Sora says.

Yuzu is staring at the Fusion Card, as Ray's spirit appears beside her. "Thinking about that again?"

"Yeah...Ruri kept telling me how this card didn't suit me...but..." Yuzu says. She is also worried since Ruri hasn't woken up after that duel.

But their conversation is interrupted as they see Masumi in front of them, Yuzu then rushes forward.

"Where are you going, Big sister Yuzu?" Tatsuya asks.

"I remembered something I have to do!" Yuzu says.

"Something to do?" Yuya asks.

"Is she getting the cake?" Sora asks with delight.

"I don't think so, we'll go after her." Ron says. "Let's go, Jean."

"Sure, brother." Jean says as the two of them leave. "Just go back without us."

After going into the alleyway, Ron and Jean stop Yuzu and Ron asks, "Just what are thinking, Yuzu?"

"Ron? Jean?" Yuzu is surprised to find the two of them following her.

"You seem to find something, what is it?" Jean asks.

"I-" Before she can answer, Yuto appears in front of them. Ron says, "Yuto?"

"I can't let you go further." Yuto says the words to Yuzu, much to her surprise.

"Yuto, what do you mean by that?" Jean asks.

"I don't want my comrade to be interrupted." Yuto says.

"You mean Kurosaki Shun?" Yuzu narrows her eyes. "Wait, don't tell me he's fighting Masumi now? Just stop him right now! Didn't you stop him back then too? Why this time..."

Yuto says, "I just don't want you to be involved in this."

Yuzu decides to ignore him as she rushes forward, but Yuto grabs her hand and says, "I don't want you to get hurt!"

Yuzu is surprised, and then she starts to feel Ruri waking up and trying to get control. A glow occurs as the three of them cover their eyes, once the light dies down, Ruri is in front of them instead of Yuzu, but Ruri kneels as she still feels pain from the duel with her brother.

"Ruri..." Yuto tries to help Ruri, and Ruri says, "Yuto...you're really here..."

Ever since she learned Yuto has come to this dimension, she didn't get to see him, so seeing Yuto again is delighted for Ruri. Yuto asks, "Are you still hurt? Shun didn't hurt you that much, right?"

Ruri frowns and says, "I know you don't want me to get hurt because of what Academia has done...but do you think it is right? To hurt other people who don't even know anything about Academia? Are you saying that it's fine that my brother does what Academia is doing?"

Yuto turns away with a frown, and both Ron and Jean are speechless after hearing what Ruri has said. Ruri takes out the Fusion and says, "I've been inside Yuzu, she has been learning the enemy's summoning method. However, the reason she learned Fusion Summoning was to protect her Duel School. It is not just her, Katrina also learns it, they want to protect their friends using Fusion. We, too, are fighting to protect our comrades, to end this conflict, to create a world where no one has to be hurt. Am I wrong about that?"