Chapter 31 The Pendulum Swings Both Ways

"Next up, we have our second match of the day! You Show Duel School/LDS's Sakaki Yuya vs LDS' Sawatari Shingo!" Nico announces.

As Yuya walks out into the arena, everyone starts to cheer for him. Yuzu says, "Wow. He has a lot of applause."

Yuni says, "Of course. Now that they know that we are the Vice Presidents, I guess they will cheer him since they know that he is a pro and the ones who make them cards."

Just then, Sawatari walks into the area, playing a tune by blowing on a leaf and dressed in a straw hat, rode, and sandals.

"What kind of cosplay is that?" Jean asks.

"Mabuta no Haha by Hasegawa, isn't it?" Shuzo says.

"The cards are calling to me... They are telling me to draw! Another star has risen into the heavens! Behold! Dueling's greatest star!" He declares, completely befuddling Yuya and the crowd.

"Do you know who I am?" Sawatari asks as he tilts his hat.

"Sawatari, right?" Yuya looks a little annoyed.

"Wrong!" Sawatari tosses off his costume. "I'm Neo New Sawatari!" Right now he is standing in his school uniform and his teeth gleam. Kakimoto, Yamabe, and Ootomo cheer for him in the crowd.

"You know that New and Neo mean the same thing, right?" Yuya asks, but he ignores him.

"Mark my words, Sakaki Yuya. You may have been the Vice President of LDS, but you will lose this Duel and experience the greatest defeat ever!" Sawatari tells him.

"What's this? Sawatari is already declaring his victory!" Nico comments.

"His introductions are always so long-winded..." Hokuto says as the other two agree.

"Pendulum Summoning may have led you to victory up until now... But today, it will be your path to your defeat!" Sawatari declares.

"So? Even though my sister is the one who trains you Pendulum Summon, I am not going to lose, either." Yuya says with a smile.

Ron asks, "Yuni, you train him?"

Yuni says, "Yeah, although I have to bear that attitude of his, I have no other choice since Yuto is the one who assaults him and we have to cover it up for him."

Katrina asks, "What does that mean?"

"It means that since he looks just like my brother, it is the only way not to let my brother get arrested." Yuni sighs.

"I wonder how this match will turn out?! Now let's select the Action Field! Field Magic! Sunset Stronghold activate!"

Nico activates the card, and a barren wasteland materializes around the Duelists, with a wooden temple behind Sawatari that is surrounded by a trench.

After the chant, Yuya and Sawatari declare, "DUEL!" and Nico snaps his fingers to scatter the Action Cards. (Yuya:4000)(Sawatari:4000)

"I'll let you go first!" Sawatari says.

"My turn! When neither of us controls any monsters, I can Normal Summon this card from my hand by reducing its Level by 1! I summon Entermate Drumming Kong!"(ATK:1600/DEF:900 LV:5 PS:2)"

As Drumming Kong appears on the field, Yuya says, "I set a card and end my turn."

Sawatsri says, "Now, Sawatari Shingo, your Legendary Revenge Duel has just begun! My turn!" He draws a card and says, "I activate the Continuous Magic: Yokai Shrine of Trials!"

An altar with several candles on it appears behind him, he explains, "Whenever a Yosenju monster is Summoned or Special Summoned, I can light up one Yosen Counter."