Chapter 21 The Fortunetelling Girl

Katrina is inside her room, and she is looking at the cards. She remembers that she only brought half of her deck to Heartland, and now that her deck is complete again, she wonders how to use them to her advantage.

She also notices the Fusion Card in front of her, saying, "This card, I better hurry up and return it back to Yuzu..."

But just by looking at the card, she remembers what happened in Heartland, and how her father still tries to convince the Academia members about Dueling with smiles. She shakes her head as she decides to take a rest.

But the following day, Katrina realizes she overslept as she hurries to her final opponent before the Junior Youth Championships, and she arrives at Unno Divination School. Katrina looks at the building and she says, "Vivian should be more excited to come to this place rather than me..."

"Here, you are, Katrina." Katrina jumps as she sees Nico Smiley wearing a robe. "Geez, you scared me."

"I've been waiting for you, Katrina. Follow me." Katrina nods as she follows Nico, but noticing the dark stairway, Katrina asks, "Why are these stairs so dark..."

"Katrina, be sure to watch your step." Nico replies.

"Good thing I'm a half vampire, huh?" Katrina says as they arrive at the area, and Katrina notices that her opponent is a girl. At the same time, the kids are also there in the stands.

"So you're my opponent? Are we going to start the Duel?" Katrina asks.

"So you're Darling's sister, I'm going to use this Duel to divine whether your strength is the same as darling or not!"

"Darling?" Katrina asks with confusion, and come to think about it, Yuya seems to be scared of her after mentioning it yesterday.

"The official match between the shocking Entertaining Duelist Sakaki Katrina, and the Infallible Fortune-Telling girl, Mieru Houchun will now begin!" Nico says. "With that, Unno Duel School's Principal, if you would!"

The light shines on the principal Divina and she says, "Fate is predetermined. But people passing through the ages are unable to accept this. Fortune-telling is a light meant to guide them. That in itself is a microcosmos for life. Action Field on! Field Magic: Fortune Terror Activate!"

The field transforms into a circular room surrounded by six pillars. Futoshi says, "There's something carved into those pillars!"

"Death, The Magician, The Hanged Man...they're engravings of Tarot cards!" Tatsuya says.

"It makes it look so...mystical!" Ayu says.

"We're going to Duel here?" Katrina asks.

"That's right! My Darling has dueled me in this field a few years ago. And I'm going to determine if you have the same strength as him!" Mieru replies.

"Wait, you keep saying Darling, do you mean my brother?" Katrina asks.

"We're starting the Duel right now!" Mieru says, and Katrina knows that she won't be having answers until the end of the Duel, so they recite the Action Duel Chant before starting the Duel. (Katrina:4000)(Mieru:4000)

"Shall we determine who goes first with a coin toss?" Mieru takes out the coin and says, "Head is a dragon, and Tail is a demon. If you choose correctly, I'll allow you to go first."

Katrina sees the coin flip and Mieru just covers it with her hand once it lands. "Which is it?"

Katrina says, "Uh...I've got it! It'll be Head!"

"Too bad, it is Tail. As I suspected, you have no foresight." Mieru says.

"But isn't that a fifty percent chance?" Katrina asks.