Chapter 12 At One with the Sword

"Do you think you'll be winning the last one with ease?" A boy wearing a dark blue long-sleeved shirt and pants under a tan jacket with an orange interior (with his LDS badge pinned on the collar) and the sleeves were torn off, brown socks, and burnt-orange and grey shoes walk towards the group of You Show students.

Katrina asks, "Who are you?"

"I'm LDS' Synchro Couse's Yaiba Todo. Which one of you is my opponent?" Yaiba asks.

Katrina says, "Even though You Show already has two wins, but we also need to win one more if our victory is guaranteed.

"Then the man Gongenzaka would like to duel. You Show School is on the line, but I'm an outsider because I'm Gongenzaka Dojo's successor..." He turns to Sora. "Sora, listen! This is a do-or-die situation! You must win!"

"I don't like this uncomfortable situation." Sora says while licking his lollipop. "You can have the next duel if you want, Gon-chan."

"Gon-chan? I'm allowed to duel?" Gongenzaka asks.

Ryu says, "What do you guys think?"

Ron says, "I don't feel like facing them. So I'll pass."

"Me neither." Jean says.

"If Gongenzaka wants to, then there's no reason not to." Katrina adds.

Yuya and Yuni are surprised at the outcome, but they also agree to let him duel. Yuya says, "We're counting on you, Gongenzaka. Since you're my best friend, I feel comfortable entrusting you with this match."

"Same here." Yuni adds.

"Yuya...Yuni... All right, leave this to me. I promise to win in the name of Gongenzaka Dojo's Steadfast Dueling!" Gongenzaka says while he goes up in flames.

"Hey! How long are you going to keep me waiting? Or are you going to forfeit out of fear? Well?" Yaiba asks.

"How inexcusable to treat the man Gongenzaka as a coward!" Gongenzaka is furious as he puts on his Duel Disk. "I'm your opponent!"

Tapping his wooden katana on his shoulder, Yaiba says, "If you think I'm well-mannered like the other two, you'll be in a world of hurt. Because unlike them, I was taught under both Vice Presidents of LDS."

Vivian thinks, "I remember that Brother and Sister will teach Synchro and Ritual together instead of focusing on Fusion or Xyz on their own..."

"How dare he say that we're weak..." Hokuto mutters.

"It's annoying, but we can't do anything because we lost." Masumi says. "However, vice presidents already warned us about the opponents we've faced, so Yaiba might have picked the easiest one of us."

In the operating booth, Shuzo looks at the opponent and says, "The opponent is Yaiba Todo. "Yaiba" means "blade" or "sword". Then I choose this! Action Field on! Field Magic: Sword Cemetery!"

A wasteland with swords and dead trees littered about the landscape appears, with Gongenzaka standing on a low rise. Shuzo says, "Gongenzaka, bury Yaiba in this Sword Cemetery!"

Yaiba smirks as he notices the field, as it is also one of his specialties, but unlike the other two, he is not going to say it out loud. After the chant, both of them start the duel and the Action Cards are scattered. (Gongenzaka:4000)(Yaiba:4000)

"I'll go first." Gongenzaka says, "I summon Superheavy Samurai Kabu-10 from my hand!" (ATK:1000/DEF:2000 LV:4)

A samurai holding a hammer appears on the field, and Gongenzaka says, "I end my turn."