Chapter 11 You Show 'Em

Vivian walks back to the audience seat and she is tackled to the ground by the three children. Vivian says, "You guys..."

While they are cheering, Yuzu is still thinking about Yuto and his words back at the Warehouse, Vivian doesn't seem to be affected much, but Yuzu, on the other hand, is swaying. Ruri asks, "Yuzu, you're next, right? They're counting on you."

"Yeah. Just leave it to me." Yuzu says. "Our You Show Duel School is on the line. I must win!"

At the same time, Yuya turns to Masumi, a girl with a dark skin tone wearing a small blue shirt with her LID badge pinned on it over a cream one-piece long-sleeved shirt and shorts combination with black skin-tight shorts underneath ending above the knee, and blue boots. She carries her Duel Disk in a brown holster resembling that of a firearm. Yuya says, "Masumi, your next."

"Yes, Vice President." Masumi says as she walks toward the others, interrupting the others cheering for Vivian's victory. "I am Masumi Kotsu from the Fusion Course."

"Fusion..." Ron and Jean are narrowing their eyes.

"So she's a Fusion user." Sora says while eating his biscuit sticks.

"Who of you guys will be my opponent?" Masumi asks while arming her duel disk.

"Me." Yuzu steps forward and thinks, "To protect You Show Duel School and clear Yuya's name, I can't lose this duel. But..."

Vivian notices the fire in Yuzu's eyes and she wonders if Yuzu forgets that everything is set up by her siblings, but she decides not to say anything, and Masumi also gives a small smirk.

The duo adjourns to the Duel Field, and Shuzo muses, "Hm...The appropriate field for my lovely daughter is... This one! Action Field On! Field Magic: Crystal Corridor!"

A corridor full of gems and mirrored pillars, carpeted with a pink rug, materializes. Shuzo yells, "Yuzu, I chose the perfect field to reflect your sparkling cuteness! You'll shine here!"

"Dad...you're embarrassing me." Yuzu says with a small blush.

"He must really love you if he thinks that you're actually shining. But how foolish that he tries to choose the field I specialize in, it seems like your principal doesn't learn anything." Masumi says, causing Shuzo to flinch again.

"Dad! What are you doing?" Ryu yells as the kids aren't happy that Shuzo is making the same mistake.

"Your eyes are clouded." Masumi says.

"What do you mean?" Yuzu demands.

"My father is a jewel merchant. I've seen many jewels since I was a child. Real jewels that shine for real. That's why I know that you're not shining. It's proof that you're feeling perplexed."

Yuzu widens her eyes in shock as her mind goes back to Yuto, but she shakes off and thinks, "That is right. I can't hesitate anymore, this is for our friends and family! I can't lose!" He says, "Enough with your nonsense! I'll prove whether I'm feeling perplexed or not in this duel!"

Masumi gives a small smile after seeing how Yuzu is going to focus on the duel right now. After the dueling chant, both of them are ready to duel. (Masumi:4000)(Yuzu:4000)

Yuni turns to her brother without anyone noticing, she smirks, "So who do you think will win this duel? your student or your girlfriend?"

Yuya blushes and says, "How many times do I need to tell you? She isn't my girlfriend."

"Say that to yourself." Yuni giggles a little as she turns her attention back to the duel.

Yuya sighs, "I won't dare, since Yuzu has to go a long way if she can defeat her."