three

chapter three
( age of ultron )

💫 ━━ STEVE Rogers stood up from his crouched position as he looked to Maria Hill, one of s.h.i.e.l.d's agents that was often seen around the Avengers. "What's the word on Strucker?"

"NATO's got him." Maria Hill nodded as she talked.

Steve raised his eyebrows, "The three enhanced?"

"The older two, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special." Maria told Steve as she handed him a tablet to watch videos they had found of the twins.

When Steve didn't see any videos of the young girl he had seen earlier, he stopped and turned to Maria, "The little girl?"

Maria took the tablet back and flipped through some files, a few images of Paisley showing up. "Paisley - no last name. From all HYDRA's files, we've figured out that she was taken by the red room for the beginning of her life. When she wasn't complaint and not molded the way the red room had wanted her, they sent her to HYDRA. At HYDRA she was brainwashed and under went even more torture."

Steve Rogers heart ached at the information. In a way he wished he didn't know now, even the basic information he had learnt was nothing but cruel. All the images Maria had shown him were of the little girl being placed into machines that no doubt were painful. Steve shook his head, "Their abilities?"

The two continued to walk, Steve watched a few videos of Paisley drawing in her cell, another one of her hugging Pietro and Wanda. "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation. There's nothing on the kid." Steve looked at her funny, and so she rephrased the statement so he could understand. "He's fast and she's weird."

"Well, they're going to show up again." Steve was sure they would.

"Agreed. File says the older two had volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts." Maria stated, her hands now clasped around the tablet.

Steve nodded, "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?"

"We're not at war, Captain." Maria turned towards Steve.

"They are."

💫 ━━ PINK bracelets filled Paisleys little hands as she walked throughout the streets of Sokovia. She had always liked the people behind the booths she stole from, funny right? She stole whatever she could get her hands on, a master thief if you may.

"Hi, dad." Paisley grinned as she launched herself forward into her fathers chest. Pietro stumbled, but wrapped his arms around his daughters frame.

"Hi, my sweetheart." He lifted Paisley up and continued to hug her as he stood. "Where did you get these?" Pietro asked referring to the bracelets that were falling out of Paisleys hands.

"The people over there," Paisley turned on her heels and pointed towards a few of the stands with woman and men selling different kinds of jewelry.