sixteen

chapter sixteen
╰  ( civil war  )

💫 ━━ WANDA and Paisley had been making paprikash. A dish Wanda had known and remembered from her childhood.

Now they were sitting on one of the many couches in the Avengers headquarters, munching away on pizza that Vision had so kindly ordered and paid for — with one of Tony's many cards. Outside one of the large windows in front of them, the dark sky is all they can see until something in the distance lights up the room.

Wanda is quick to get off the couch, moving towards the window where she gazes outside at the orange. "What is it?"

Vision suddenly appears. "Stay here, please. You both."

Paisley doesn't move from her place own the couch. She continues to sit, one hand holding onto a piece of pizza well the other is by her side, an electric blue mist flowing from her fingertips. It moves across the floor towards the entrance to the room.

Wanda feels the presence in the room, she compels a knife across the room, stopping right in front of Clint Bartons face. Fortunately, Paisley had figured it out first, a blue mist surrounded Clint that held him where he was.  The knife glowing with red magic didn't do much, staying right in its place.

"Guess I shoulda knocked." Clint smirked, eyeing the knife as it fell to the ground. He looked towards Paisley, who was quick to let her blue mystical magic disappear.

Wanda gasped. "Oh my god! What are you doing here?"

"Disappointing my kids." Clint Barton stocked forward, pulling two arrows from behind his back and shoots them both in opposite sides of the room. He gently grabbed Wandas hand. "I'm supposed to go water-skiing. Cap needs our help. Come on."

Vision appeared in the room, "Clint!" His yell caused the three to stop moving. "You should not be here."

Clint turned around, letting go of Wandas hand. "Really? I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit."

"Please consider the consequences of your actions." Vision moved forward.

Clint shrugged and grabbed ahold of Paisleys hand this time. "Okay, they're considered. Okay, we gotta go." Vision is held in a force field, crackling and sparkling between the two arrows that Clint had shot.

Wanda stopped, despite the fact that her niece was moving forward with Clint. "I've caused enough problems."

Clint frowned.  "You gotta help me, Wanda. Look, you wanna mope, you can go to high school. You wanna make amends, you get off your ass. Shit." Vision breaks the force field with his mind stone, a yellow beam causing the blue electricity to disappear. The robot punches Clint to the floor when he attempts to shot an arrow at him. "I knew I should've stretched."

Clint extends a baton and tries to hit Vision, but the blows go through him. Clint resorts to punches, then tries the baton again, and he continues to switch through his two options until the baton breaks. Clint tries to kick Vision, but his leg goes right through him, giving vision a change to place the archer in a headlock. "Clint, you can't overpower me."

Clint nods his head ever so slightly towards Wanda and Paisley. "I know I can't. But they can."

Wanda extended her arms, reaching out and creating a large ballot red magic, Paisley doing the same as she looked towards her aunt. "Vision, that's enough. Let him go. We are leaving." Wanda spoke for her and her niece.