twenty eight

chapter twenty eight
( infinity war )

💫 ━━ THANOS holds Paisley in his hand, gently, but enough for the group of people around him to still. His purple hands doesn't tighten as Paisley attempts to use her magic against him, but in the moment, he is so much more powerful with the stones. "The end is near. When I'm done, half of humanity will still exist. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Paisley looks towards her uncle Tony, eyes wide with fear. Her fingers tingle as she tries harder to use her powers she's gained; she's trying to use anything she can copy but it's almost like they're being blocked from the infinity stones.

"Wow, hey, she's a child." Tony takes a step forward, his arm extended as his blaster charges. He watches as the titan looks down at the young girl, who's visibly scared. "You wouldn't hurt a child, right?"

"I'm saving here, from what this world would become. The horror, and death." The mad titan speaks, his eyes casting towards Doctor Strange who stands up weakly.

"I'll give you the stone." Stephen is ready to risk it all for the child he barley even knows. "You let her go, let her live, and you can have the stone."

"No tricks." Thanos holds the child in his hand, glancing towards her as she looks up at him with tearful eyes. Paisley is scared, and everyone can see it. Her life rests in the fate of the others, she does trust them, which makes the who situation worse.

The green stone appears between Stranges finger tips. He stares at the stone before he opens up his hand and lets it float towards the purple titan.

Paisleys let go, her feet digging into the ground as she runs towards her uncle. She wraps her arms around him and pulls him as close as she can. She's crying, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Tony,"

As the stone attaches to the gauntlet, Peter Quill flies towards the purple titan and shoots at him. His attempts are proved to be nothing against him as the Thanos steps backwards into a portal, disappearing.

"What? Where is he?! Did we just lose?" Peter Quill looks defeated, broken. Paisley just wants to wrap him in a hug and let him cry together because they've lost.

Tony looks towards Stephen Strange. "Thank you, for doing that." He saved his niece, the one he's promised to protect.

"We're in the endgame now."

💫 ━━ THUNDER rumbles around everyone who gathers together. The sky is orange, and the light groans of pain fill the air.

"Something's ... happening." Mantis whispers as she looks around, it starts and her finger tips and toes and then the rest of her body tingles and turns to ashes, blowing away in the soft breeze.

Drax turns toward his teammate, watching as his hand and body starts to disintegrate to ashes too. "Quill...?"

Tony Stark stand up quickly, alarm across his face as he watches the man in front of him breath slowly. "Steady, Quill."

"Aw, man." Peter Quill turns to ashes, floating away in the air

Strange turns towards Tony and Paisley, the two who stand together, beside them is Peter and Ryder who hold hands. "There was no other way." Stephen says before he too disappears.

Peter stumbles away from Ryder, his hand going towards his chest. His heart tightens and he starts to feel off. "Mister Stark? I don't feel so good ..."

Paisley reaches out for Peter with hopes she can help him. She can see the tips of his finger tips turn to ash. Her own fingers turn red as she attempts to use her magic to help him. "Pete, no."

Tony's panic skyrockets but he tries to be calm. "You're all right."

Peter stumbled into Tony's arms as he cries out. "I don't know what's — I don't know what's happening. I don't — I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, Mister Stark, please. Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go — I'm sorry."

Peter Parker isn't the last to turn to ash. Tony's own adoptive son, Ryder is the next to crash into the older man. Ryder is crying, because he's just watched his best friend disappear. "No, Peter!"

"Rhy..." Paisley steps towards her first friend, her non official brother. She wraps her arms around him as he steps away from Tony.

"Dad? Pais?" Ryder looks at the little girl who's hugging him so tightly. He gazes towards the man who's given him everything. "Dad, please."

Nebula frowns slightly. Watching as the human finally disappears into the air. "He did it."

Paisley cries even harder as she falls to the ground, her arms having nothing to wrap around now that Ryder is gone. She's crying to hard that she doesn't realize what she's doing; the glowing of her fingertips and the racing of her mind. "I want my dad!"

Her fingers flashed orange and Tony Stark watched as an orange portal — just like the ones Stephen Strange creates — opened up to the young girls side.