seventeen

chapter seventeen 
( civil war )

💫 ━━ PAISLEY wasn't sure what to do, if she was being honest. She's only twelve, and despite the fact that everyone treats her like this little, little, girl who needs too protected at all costs, she's had to grow up and be someone the harsh world had made her.  Wanda had told her to listen to what Steve and her say, and that she had to stay where either she or someone from their team could see her. 

"I know you." Paisley whispered to Bucky. 

Bucky shook his head. "You don't, kid."

"James." Paisley tilted her head. "I forgive you, you know."

Even though HYDRA had scrambled her memories, some things from her life were just so hard to forget.

"You shouldn't." Bucky said quietly, his voice just above a whisper. 

"I do, though." 

Paisley looked away from Bucky and gazed towards where she knew Steve and Tony were. She could hear them, their voices raising as she joined the topic. 

"You brought a twelve year old here, Steve." Tony threw his suit covered hands into the air. "She is twelve!"

"Paisley can handle this -- and you brought Ryder. What makes me so different?" Steve pointed to Ryder who was standing in his own red and silver Ironman suit. "Huh?"

Tony pointed towards his adoptive son. "Ryder is fourteen! Paisley is twelve. And not to mention if something goes wrong and she is taken by Ross, you'll never see her again."

"She's capable of things none of us could ever imagine, Tony. We -- and her -- are the Avengers." Steve was trying to stall, but he was also trying to prove a point. 

Tony shook his head. "I'm trying to keep us together, Steve, I am."

"Not in the right way." Steve looked to Tony, a pleading look in his eyes. "The doctor is behind this all, Tony, and he's the bad guy, not us."

Tony sighed. "Underoos!" 

💫 ━━ PAISLEY ran with Bucky Branes and Sam Wilson as they made their way through the terminal to where their new ride would be. A thud sound from above them, alerting them that whoever was in the red and blue skintight suit was on their tails. 

Bucky raised his eyebrows as he turned his head. "What the hell is that?"

Sam groaned. "Everyone's got a gimmick now."

Spider-man, or Peter Parker sung through the glass he had been crawling on. It shattered into pieces on the floor beneath him, but with his webs he managed to swing closer to Sam, Bucky and Paisley. He was quick to kick Sam in the chest, sending him tumbling backwards. Bucky threw a punch that he was able to catch and hold. 

"You have a metal arm? That is awesome, dude!" Peter stated in awe, distractedly trying to look at the metal arm attached to Bucky Barnes. Sam swooped in, picking Peter up and flying through the air. Still attempting to free himself, Peter began to talk, again. "You have the right to remain silent!" 

As Sam distracted Spider-man, Bucky grabbed a big blue sign and whirled it towards the spider person with as much force as he could. Peter, who had sensed it coming, managed to grab ahold of it and send it back to Bucky. "Hey buddy, I think you lost this!"

Sam kicks Peter off the high beam that he had been standing on. Unfortunately for Sam, Peter shoots a web onto the roof and ends up sending sam to the ground dafter he had webbed his wings. He webs Sam to a balcony, "Those wings carbon fiber?"

Sam Wilson just looks towards his webbed up hands. "Is this stuff coming out of you?"

Peter didn't care about the question he had been asked, to amazed by the wings on Sams suit. "That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio, which, gotta say, that's awesome, man."

Sam rolled his eyes. "I don't know if you've been a fight before but there's usually not this much talking."

"Alright, sorry, my bad." Peter swings down as Bucky jumps in the way, sending both Bucky and Sam to the ground with a thus. Paisley ran down the stairs, standing off to the side where they were. Peter only webs Sam and Bucky to the floor, thinking that the young girl was harmless. "Look. I'd love to keep this up but I've only got one job here today and I gotta impress Mr. Stark, so, l'm really sorry."

Paisley shoots a ball of blue magic at the teenager, sending him flying out the window. "Wwahhhh!"

Bucky looks towards Paisley as she struggles to use her magic to break the webs. " You couldn't have done that earlier?"

"Sorry, it was fun to watch." Paisley smiles.