forty five

chapter forty five
( wandavision: episode six )

💫 ━━ PAISLEY had been wondering why it was so late when she arrived home after her picnic and stargazing date with Liz. The Maximoff home had been so quiet that not even Paisley who could hear more than she wanted too sometimes, could hear the twins breathing.

She thought something was wrong.

"Wanda!" Paisley let out a quick yell, hurriedly stepping towards the hallway where she peaked towards what had been the nursery. It was empty, void of two boys growing faster than she ever did. "Vision!"

"Pais, hi." Wanda stepped out from the kitchen, her hands fiddling with an apron wrapped around her body. "What's for the yelling? Is everything okay?"

Paisley looks around the house. There's a bag sitting on the floor, and then there's a box beside it. It's new, it wasn't there when she left. "Yeah, uh, where's Billy and Tommy and Vis?"

"Oh the boys went across the street for a walk around the park, you know those kids, full of energy." Wanda laughed, as if her words were extremely funny — like she was a comedian.

Paisley pointed towards the bad and the box. "What's that?"

"Well, we were gonna wait until tomorrow but —" Wanda speaks but she's softly cut off someone else speaking.

"Hey kiddo," The man stepped out from the hallway bathroom, a small smile on his lips as he watched Paisley. It's been awhile since he's seen her. "Pais?"

Paisley bolts towards the man, sending him taking a step back and tightening his arms around her is a hug. He tightens his hold, not wanting to let her go. "Steve." Paisley whispered into his neck, right where her head rested.

She thought he was in some retirement home, having gone back and delivered the stones. She remembers him sitting down and telling her that he had gone back and spent a life time with Peggy Carter, the love of his life. He had kids, Emilee Barnes Roger Carter and Markus Paisley Roger Carter. She wonders if they are out in the world now, growing older and creating their own families too. She knows that he was old, full of grey hair and wrinkled skin.

But now he's young, full of youth like he was before he had gone back and delivered the stones. He holds no wrinkles, no scars from the second battle against Thanos.

"Paisley, it's wonderful to see you." A woman moved into the home, her lips quirking upwards as she pulled her red hair behind her ears. "It's been a while."

"Nat?" Paisley wiggled away from her uncle Steve, racing towards her aunt and throwing her arms around her. "What? You died?"

Natasha's face puzzled, twisting in confusion as she crouched down so she was face to face with Paisley. "No, I was just on a mission. I know it's been awhile, Pais, but don't let Tony's tricks mess with you."

Paisleys face flashes with something, her eyes turning red quickly before she nodded in understanding. "Oh. Right. How was the mission, Auntie Nat?"

The three — Steve, Nat and Paisley — went on to chat about all the things they've missed out on from each others lives. Nat and Steve's 'mission', Paisley and Lizzy, Paisley and Ryder. The twins. Everything.

💫 ━━ PAISLEY was dressed in a purple dress with a golden crown. She looked like a princess, correction, today she was.

It was Halloween and she was more than excited to dress up. She had never really celebrated Halloween. Yes, she went door to door in the avengers compound but she never got to experience other running around in a costume, and gathering more candy than she could ever eat.

This year, in Westview, with her two cousins, aunts and uncles, everything was perfect.

Until it wasn't. Until both Tommy and Billy had practically thrown themselves at Wanda, screaming and faces full of panic.

"Mom!" Billy repeated until his mother hand crouched down in front of him and gently grasped his shoulders. "Something is wrong with dad!"

Wanda's face twisted is something Paisley couldn't identify. She couldn't understand what her aunt was thinking, what she was trying to say.

Everything was quiet. She couldn't hear anything around her anymore. Paisley was in her own little world, and she couldn't hear her cousins screaming Vision anymore.

"Help." And then everything came back all at once. Chaos was echoing everywhere, there was sound anywhere  and Paisley couldn't escape it. "Help me!"

Paisley spun around, glancing for anyone who could be calling for help. It sounded like a man, perhaps someone she knew? No, it was Vision, being pulled apart from his attempt on leaving what Darcy is calling the Hex.

Wanda pushed her hands out, red in her eyes. The world stopped and Paisley could only watch as a wall around her new home spread out and covered Westview.

Paisley didn't know what it was, and she couldn't question it, but she knew now something was wrong.

authors note — !! — so i was thinking of having pietro in, but he already had his come back. then i considered tony, but i kept him alive. so who are the two people that left paisley in endgame ... steve and nat! also i'm so excited to write the next few chapters!