thirty four

chapter thirty four
╰  ( endgame )

YEAR THREE

💫 ━━ BRUCE Banner looked away from the test tube in front of him. He glanced back towards his partner, Doctor Mavis, who was also doing the same thing he was.

Experimenting.

They were attempting to find a way to reverse the drugs that Paisley had once been pumped full of. And so far, they hadn't made much progress. They made a little here and there, enough to have a solid idea of where they needed more work. But as of right now, it wasn't enough to give the girl a chance and truly growing up, to not have to be stuck as a little girl for the rest of her life.

"Hey, I think I found something." Doctor Amelia Mavis spoke as she swirled the liquid around the test tube. It changed colours and bubbled, showcasing to her that a reaction had happened. "Something happened."

Bruce grinned. "We're off to a good start."

YEAR FOUR

💫 ━━ TONY was wrapping himself in bubble wrap; around his arms, legs, torso, neck, his whole entire body.

"Tony... what are you doing?" Paisley questioned as she stepped into Tony's living room, her eyes immediately landing on the older man.

Tony paused, dropping the role off bubble wrap at his feet. "Nothing."

"You're scared to drive with me!" Paisley pointed her finger at the man, eyes narrowed as she scoffed. "You offered to let me drive with you to learn but you are scared!"

Tony laughed awkwardly, slowly picking up the bubble wrap and continuing to wrap himself. He looked at the girl from the corner of his eyes, watching as she practically stared him down until he stopped wrapping himself.

"Ready to go ... " Paisley tilted her head, smirking slightly, a trait she had picked up from Tony. "Or ya too scared?"

Tony grumbled something under his breath, walking away towards the garage where Paisley could pick one of the few cars he would let her drive. Paisley picked the one that looked like bumblebee from the transformers movie she watched. It was one of the few Tony didn't want her to drive, but he couldn't say no, not when she flashed her puppy dog eyes.

As Paisley walked around the car, opening the drivers door and getting in, she couldn't help but admire the way the car seemed hers. The seat was in the perfect place for her to reach the pedals and see over the dashboard. All the mirrors were in the right place, she could see what she needed too.

"Hey Jarvis," Paisley spoke, by liking herself up and starting the car. She knew that Tony had installed Jarvis in every single vehicle he had. "Jarvis, it's your favourite girly."

"My girl!" Jarvis exclaimed, the AI whirring to life with a small spark. "How can I help you today, Paisley?"

Paisley grinned, although the AI didn't see her. She was still happy with Jarvis, and what he always did for her, "Would you play my playlist? The 'sunshine' playlist."

Jarvis did as told, instantly turning the playlist on and leaving it at a lowered volume level wasn't so loud. Paisley muttered a thank you to the AI, whom had oddly become apart of her everyday life.

She turned her head, glancing towards the older man sitting in the passenger seat. "Ready?"

"No — !!" Tony yelped as Paisley stepped on the gas peddle with no care. Everything could be replaced, but one thing, Paisley happiness. So, Tony let the girl go wild. "Just be a little careful,"

Good thing the money he had would replace any damages.