forty two

chapter forty two
╰  ( wandavision: episode three )

💫 ━━ PAISLEY, Ryder and Lizzy were all moving around what would be the nursery. Wanda was pregnant, magically and in westview there was no doctor or office where Wanda could get an ultrasound done, only a doctor who paid a visit and used his stethoscope to hear a heartbeat.

Which he somehow missed one. But it ain't his fault, he isn't even a real doctor, just someone pretending

"It's gonna be twins," Lizzy whispered to Paisley and Ryder, smiling brightly as she painted the room a soft baby blue. "Boys."

Paisley shook her head. "I think it'll be a girl."

Ryder dipped his paintbrush in the tin of baby blue, wiping it slightly before he placed it on the drywall. "I agree with Lizzy, it'll be twin boys."

"Oh shush," Paisley laughed. "You're only siding with her because she said it first."

Ryder only hummed as he continued to paint the walls a blue. He didn't even know where the blue paint had come from, and why it was blue, because Wanda and Vision didn't know the gender of their children.

"How do you put a crib together? Where are the instructions?" Paisley looked away from the pieces of the white crib. She looked between her friends, unsure what pieces when with what. She didn't even see the screws she needed to use. "Where are the screws?!"

Lizzy laughed, digging into her pocket and pulling out the screws that Paisley needed. She tossed them towards the blue haired girl — something she somehow just noticed — and laughed even louder as she watched Paisley huff.

"Are you serious, Liz?" Paisley deadpanned as she dumped the screws onto the floor and started to hold the wooden pieces together. She couldn't do it herself, hold the wood together and screw the screws into place. "Just for that, you have to help me."

Lizzy smiled softly and held two of the wooden pieces together so Paisley could screw them together. "So, you're gonna be a cousin."

Paisley nodded big she never really registered that she would be a cousin to a little baby — actually two but she'll figure that out later. "Yeah... to a girl."

"Paisley! Lizzy! Ryder!" Wanda called out from where ever she was is the home. "Lunch is ready!"

The crib dropped to the floor, becoming a problem for another time. Something no doubt Wanda or Vision would fix when Paisley would be in the backyard with Lizzy and Ryder, trying to build a tree fort. 

💫 ━━ LIZZY stood with her mom, arms crossed over her chest. She wore a horrible expression on her face, her lips pressed in a tight line and her eyes narrowed. "Really? You really wanna do that, mother. You want me to do that?"

Agatha nodded without hesitation. No waver in her voice. She was so sure about it, there was no doubt at all. "Of course, Elizabeth. That girl, Paisley is much stronger than anyone realizes. She could make or break the darkhold without any struggle."

"Lizzy. And what, I'm already friends with her at your push. You want me to try and date her or something now? What else is there for me to do other than be her friend." Lizzy tilted her head, curios as to what else she could do that would benefit her mother's cause. "So?"

Agatha frowned at her daughter's words. Yes, she knew she had forced her daughter into Paisleys life. Yes, she had practiced pulled all the strings in Paisley and Lizzys friendship, like they were two puppets at a play. Yes, she was the mastermind behind it all, but no one had ever spoke out against her.

"Listen here, Elizabeth. You will do whatever you can to get as close as you can with Paisley. I don't care if you have her fall in love with you, or if pull some strings of your own — I've taught you well enough that you know how to use those abilities of your own." Agatha leaned forward, tiling her head and narrowing her eyes. "Do you understand? Because I can take away everything I've given you."

Lizzy forced a smile, her eyes flashing quickly with something even Agatha couldn't catch. "Fine, and once this is done then it's over. I get to move on with my life like you promised me years ago."

Agatha stuck her hand out. "Of course."

💫 ━━ PAISLEY and Ryder sat on the couch in Wanda and Visions home. They chatted as both of them held a brand new baby, born no more than a few hours ago. Wanda and Vision were somewhere else in the home, most likely having dinner or catching up on some sleep.

"Billy." Paisley muttered as she looked down at the little boy in her arms, dressed in a light red onesie.

Ryder looked down at the little boy tucked in his own arms, a green onesie over his little body. "Tommy."

Two twins, born from a witch and a robot. Oh how lovely!

authors note — !! — okay, so should i end this at the end of wandavision, or have paisley go into multiverse of madness. but maybe as a bad guy? like working along side wanda because she wants her life she has in westview back? and pietro has to be the one to convince his daughter to chance sides. and that wink wink her friends were never created but are real.