thirty nine

chapter thirty nine
( endgame )

💫 ━━ PAISLEY threw a blue bubble around Tony, knowing that his heart was coming to a stop. She used any, and all magic she could concur in her veins and being, to keep Tony Stark alive. She could feel herself grow tired, but she fought and fought. Keeping the man she saw as a second father alive until someone else could come and help.

Rhodney was the first to land near them, his mask slipping from his face as she reached the girl and the blue bubble. "Paisley... Tony."

"Dad?" Ryder screamed, his voice loud as many around them flinched away at the noise. "Dad!"

Pietro made his way to his daughter, a limp in each step. He tried to keep himself upwards, but like his daughter, everything was screaming at him to stop moving and sleep.

"Sweetheart." Pietro cooed, reaching out and placing a gentle hand on his daughter's shoulder.

"I'm keeping him alive." Paisley didn't move her gaze away from Tony. She could feel his heartbeat once again. "I can't stop."

"Okay." Pietro nodded, accepting what his daughter was doing. "How can I help."

"Steven, dad. The wizard." Paisley shook her head, her knees giving out as she fell to the ground. Her eyes grew brighter, a blue seeming to glow in her veins. She was capable of so much, and she knew that now, she had the perfect teachers.

"Paisley." Steven Strange spoke softly. "This was supposed to happen, it was the only way."

"You're a doctor." Paisley said, her hands shaking slightly. "And a wizard. Correct?"

"Yes."

"Then help, somehow. His heart had stopped, and I can feel it again." Paisley tried to steady her hands, moving so she was sitting cross legged, like how she had meditated before. The bubble around Tony Stark seems to shrink until it just wrapped around the man. "I didn't say stand there, I said help him! Please!"

💫 ━━ IN the book of Vishanti, there is a spell that Steven Strange had once read. It was one to bring those back to great health, as long as a heartbeat and will to come back was strong enough.

💫 ━━ PAISLEY stood in all black, a bundle of flowers in her hands. Her dirty blond hair, that now had more blue than blond, was pulled into two french braids. She stepped forward, placing the flowers against a grave stone.

"I miss you." Paisley spoke softly, her fingers now fiddling with some rings she wore. They were colours of different kinds and were molded from different metals. "So much."

"It's been a month and a half now, since you died." Paisley speaks to the grave, as if the person she's talking to will come right back. "And I didn't even get to say goodbye. But that's okay, yeah? It's okay because you're always gonna be in my heart."

The breeze blows the trees around her, leaves softly falling to the ground as Paisley crouches and sits comfortably on the grass beside the grave.

"A boy showed up, he's Ryders age. His name is Harley and they keep on throwing eggs in the house. He's a sweet boy but he's leaving soon, he just wanted to visit and make new friends; maybe that's why he came to us. I think I want to be a teacher, I know - I know, it's a lot of work, but maybe in the future. Or happy Hogan told me that he could teach me some of his ways, and I could be like him — I can't tell if he was joking."

The water in the distance rippled as the breeze continued, a soft hum leaving Paisleys lips as she gazed towards it.

"I'm not sure what else to say you know? I'm doing okay, and so is a lot of people. We miss you, and we will always miss you. But it just doesn't hurt as much. Which my dad said was okay."

"Kiddo!" A voice yelled, causing Paisley to look behind her, locking eyes with the one who called her. "Lunch is ready!"

"On my way!" Paisley turned back to the grave, a small smile resting on her lips. "I love you so much auntie Nat, and I can't wait to talk to you again. Bye for now!"

Paisley took off running towards the house, her smile growing wider as she reached the person at the door. She threw her arms around them, hugging them tightly.

"Kiddo, what's this for?"

"I love you lots uncle Tony." Paisley whispered.

Tony smiled down at the girl. "I love you too, kid."

"Paisley!" Pietro yelled out, lifting his daughter off her feet once she had stopped hugging her uncle. He held her upside down, shaking her slightly. It was what he used to do when she was younger, a small action they always called 'sack of potatoes'. "My my! Found the potato I needed for dinner."

"No!" Paisley yelped playfully for once, giggles following afterwards.

PAISLEY MAXIMOFF
WILL RETURN
━━━━━━━━━━━━
tony starks death ruined me. and i could not let it ruin my poor paisley.
so she saved him. yes, that's what happened. thank you!