forty four

chapter forty four
( wandavision: episode five )

💫 ━━ VISION had asked Paisley to come to work with him. It was bring your child to work day, and he didn't wanna bring Tommy or Billy with him in case they cried and cried for their mom.

"None of it is real!" Paisley turns towards Norm, who is speaking in gleeful, yet scared tone. Paisley wondered why he said what he said.

Vision moved forward, pressing his finger tips to Norms temple, light emitting from where his fingers met the skin of the man. Vision shared a quick look with Paisley as Norms face twisted with fear.

"Please. Please help me. What day is it? How long has it been? Where's my phone?! I have to call my sister." Norm panicked as he started to dig though his desk, looking for his phone so he could call his sister. He threw papers to the floor, pencils and pens clattering against the ground as he pushed things around on his desk.

Vision sighed, reaching for the man who flinched back quickly. "Norm..."

Norm shook his head, looking for anything he could use to contact his sister. "She's taking care of our dad, he's sick. Where's my phone?!"

"Norm?" Paisley was the one to step forward this time, her hands reaching out with a landline phone that she had been playing with — it didn't work. "Calm down, please?, Norm, we can't understand what you're trying to tell us."

Norm, despite and full of fear and panic, grabbed ahold of Visions shirt and pulled him closer. "You have to stop her! She's in my head. None of it is my own. It hurts. It hurts so much! Just make her stop ... Just make her stop — !"

Vision moves forward once again, touching Norms temple and watching with puzzled eyes as the man smiled like nothing had happened. "Now, tell me this; if I sent an e-mail, where would I put the stamp?"

Paisley eyes the man, growing worried that something isn't as it seems.

💫 ━━ LIZZY or Liz — but not Elizabeth was throwing whatever she imagined Paisley liked into a basket. She was bringing as much as she could for their picnic date, but she wasn't too sure what Paisley liked. It was later in the evening, and they would be snacking underneath the stars. "Shoot."

Darcy watched as the girl scrambled from one place in the kitchen to another. She was so interested in what she was watching, she couldn't even sip at her coffee — and she loved coffee. She turned towards Monica, who was scribbling frantically on some paper. "Do you see this, where do you think the cameras are?"

"I'm not sure." Monica spoke, choosing not to look up from her paper. There was a small shrug in her shoulders as she shifted from foot to foot. "Maybe there aren't any, I never saw one."

"How could Wanda see everything, record it all without cameras." Darcy fiddled with the tip of her pen, moving it towards her lips and silently chewing on it. "Unless she's showing us what she wants us to see. Liz is looking for items, but what is she doing? Last we saw, her sons had aged up? We never see her use her magic, maybe that's what she's doing."

"Uhuh." Monica hummed. "Sure."

"Liz is looking at us." Darcy tapped Monica on the shoulder frantically. "And the feed is gone, what just happened?"

💫 ━━ LIZZY laid beside Paisley on the rolled out sleeping bags and blankets. Both of them had their own blankets thrown over themselves to keep them warm from the nighttime air as they laid on the grass and gazed upwards.

"So that's the big dipper?" Paisley questioned as she pointed up towards the star filled sky.

Liz nodded. "Yeah, that's the big dipper."

"Cool." Paisley muttered in awe, extremely interested in what she was looking at.

Both Liz and Paisley were quiet after that, there were a few words spoken but not many.

"I've never done this before." Liz spoke quietly as she pulled the blanket closer to her chin.

Paisley hummed. "I have, once, with my uncle."

"Can we wish on a star, even if it's not a shooting star?" Liz whispered as she turned her head slightly to look at Paisley.

"You can wish on anything." Was all Paisley replied with, her eyes darting from star to star and then towards Liz.

"Good, good." Liz looked back up to the stars and wished her wish, once she had done that, she turned her head and gazed at Paisley.