thirty seven

chapter thirty seven
( endgame )

💫 ━━ EMOTIONS were everywhere when Paisley had learnt about the death that had occurred.

"Paisley?" Pietro asked, crouching next to his daughter. He watched her wipe her eyes quickly, sniffling and then rubbing her red nose. "Soarele meu?" My sunshine.

"Why did she have to die?" Paisley looked up at her father, sadness sketched across her entire being. "She was my auntie, too."

Pietro sat beside Paisley, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her into his side. "Natasha was a wonderful woman, she took care of you when I couldn't."

"If we ever get a dog, can we name it Natasha?" Paisley smiled slightly, a memory of her and Natasha sitting together outside of a dog park playing in her mind. "She wanted a dog."

"I would get you a hundred dogs, soarele meu." My sunshine. "Remember, she's always with you, in your heart and memories."

"I love you, dad." Paisley had calmed down a bit now. Yes, her emotions were still all over the place after learning about Natasha, but at least she was realizing that her death was so they could bring back the rest of the world. "Thank you—what's happening?"

The lights dimmed and what once were large windows that let in amounts of sunlight, we no longer visible. They all had been covered by a metal of some sorts, keeping the inside in and the outside out — no doubt one of Tony's contraptions.

"I am not sure, let's go find Tony." Pietro stood, placing his hand outwards and letting Paisley pull herself upwards. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders again, pulling her into his side as they walked the darkened hallways. "He should just be in this room, yes?"

The room they couldn't get into because of the metal covering the door, yep, that room. And inside that room, where earths mightiest heroes. In the middle of the circle, was Bruce Banner with a red glove covered in stones. He was bringing everyone back.

Paisley banged on the door, pressing her ear against it. "Tony! Let us in!"

The door opened shortly after that. All the doors and windows opened, and sunlight filled the area. Paisley and Pietro were both quick to step into the room and question what they were seeing. Why they were seeing what they were seeing.

Pietro felt something in his chest. Like a small pain that turned into something better, like a piece of his heart was restoring itself.

The phone Nick Fury had given him, a burner phone only to be used in emergencies, buzzed in his pocket. "Maximoff, where the —beep— are you and Walker? What happened?"

"It's a long story boss, I can tell you — wait ... Fury?" Pietro started, shocked to an extreme extent that the man who disappeared was calling him. Unfortunately was cut off when Paisley ran towards him, fingertips glowing blue.

"Dad, something is wrong!"

And within seconds, the avengers compound was shattering to the ground — courtesy of Thanos.

💫 ━━ PAISLEY couldn't hear anything but a loud ringing when she opened her eyes and regained consciousness. She could see her father in her blurry vision, and he was kneeling over her body, attempting to wake her and move her.

"Paisley!" Pietros voice is loud, as he tries to yell with his scratchy voice. The world around them is crumbling and all he can do is hold Paisley as she tries to grasp the world again.

His ears ring, but he can hear the chaos around him. Screaming, war cries, clashing and pain. He can hear the pain of those around him.

Looking around for anything — for someone. He can only hope that Paisley can come to her senses as quick as he could, or that someone else shows up to help him drag his daughter out of the ruined compound.

Pietro sighed as Paisleys eyes dropped closed once again, the battle between her and her consciousness taking over. Shaking his arms, Pietro nudged one hand underneath his daughter's knees, and the other underneath her shoulders. 

He hoisted her against his chest, standing wobbly as he moved forward. There was small shining lights coming from multiple directions, hinting that there could be an exit somewhere, but Pietro wasn't sure.

Stepping forward, Pietro pulled Paisley as close to his body as he could before he sped off, leaving dust behind him.

💫 ━━ IT was the middle of the battle field. What once had been the avengers compound, was now broken down and turned into the ultimate battlefield for those to lose and those to win on.

Paisley had started to wake up by now, but her body ached with each breath she took and she was sure she couldn't walk without tumbling to the dirt.

"Paisley, sweetheart." Pietro shook his daughter. He needed her to wake up. He needed to help those around him, because he couldn't let more people die as he stood by and watched. "Wake up, please."

"Dad." Paisley groaned, weakly pressing a hand to her head. Her eyes ached to be closed again, and her ears felt pained with every noise she heard. She could faintly see bright orange circles, and people stilling around the field. "What's happening?"

"Paisley!" A voice screamed, getting louder and louder by the second. A noise clanked before Paisley. "Hey, hey, are you okay? Is she okay?"

Pietro stared down at the teenager who wore an iron suit. Seconds later, another person joined him.

Paisley breathed out, vision focusing on the two who stood on front of her.  "Ryder. Peter."