eleven

chapter eleven
( age of ultron )

💫 ━━ NO one was ready for what would happen next. The Avengers couldn't prepare for it, Ryder couldn't prepare, Wanda couldn't, Paisley couldn't. But we'll get into that when the time comes.

Everyone was in the church where the core was. They were all fighting, together. They were working as a team, even Paisley and Ryder helping. It was incredible.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. I'll be right behind you." Steve Rogers spoke with authority. He sounded like a leader, like the Captain America people had read about in their textbooks.

Clint Barton fiddled with an arrow in his hand. "What about the core?"

Ryder waved his hand in the air wildly. "Me! I'll protect it."

"I'll protect it." Wanda said with her accent thick. She was looking at Clint. His words from earlier ringing in her head. "It's my job." Wanda looked at everyone who was starting to move reluctantly, it's then when she turned towards her brother and niece. "Get the people on the boats."

Pietro Maximoff shook his head as he helped his daughter onto his back, so she could hold onto him tightly as he ran. "I'm not going to leave you here."

"I can handle this." Wanda blasts off an approaching robot. "Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before."

Pietro grunted in annoyance. "Hmm."

Wanda tilted her head and allowed her hair to fall over the side of her face ever so slightly. "You understand?"

Pietro smirked as he held onto his daughters feet that were loosely wrapped around his chest. "You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you."

Wanda chuckles, "Go."

And so they did. Pietro and Paisley left the core well Wanda and Ryder stayed behind to help protect it.

Clint Barton gets onto one of the lifeboats, but he's quick to notice a woman calling out for someone, presumably a child or loved one. "Costel? We were in the market. Costel?!" It's all Clint could hear, the woman muttering the same words over and over again. Clint turned around in circles until he spotted the boy, and when he did, he ran.

Clint was ready to risk it all. Ultron had highjacked a plane with high powered machine guns attached to it. It was his game, and he was going to win by pressing the button and letting it rapid fire.

"Stay away from the shots, okay?" Pietro whispered as he ran. Once he was close enough to Clint and the little boy that Clint was protecting. He dropped paisley as carefully before he ran in front of Clint and made sure that he took the damage.

"Dad!" Paisleys heart broke at the sight. She knows what's happening. She knows that this, this moment might be her last with her father. "Dad! No!"

"You didn't see that coming?" Pietro said his line, he met it roll off his tongue before he fell to the ground with a thud.

Paisley ran as fast as she could to her fallen fathers side. Her hands tried to cover the wounds seeping with blood, but it didn't work to well. "Dad, no. Stay." Paisley cried and cried.

"Te iubesc, bine? Tu ești iubita mea, soarele meu. Singurul meu soare." I love you, okay? You're my sweetheart, my sunshine. My only sunshine. And once Pietros words were spoken, his chest stopped moving.

In the church, Wanda felt his death. She felt everything leave his body as he took his last breath. The heartbreak in her own heart caused her to fall to her knees, a red é very mist shooting out destroys all the robots around her. Her screams were loud and ripples through the air, anyone who would have listened, could hear the grief and ache in the screams.

Wanda found Ultron. "Wanda. If you stay here, you'll die." Ultron said as if he, or it, was telling her to leave.

Tilting her head, Wanda reached out. "I just did. Do you know how it felt." She uses her witchy magic to rip Ultrons metal core from its chest. "It felt like that."

Back beside Clint, Paisley still kneeled beside her father. Her hand were shaking him, trying to get him to wake up. "Wake up, wake up." Paisley continued to cry before she finally broke. Her now closed fists slammed against her fathers chest. She screams and everything around her flickered before time stopped. It was just her, and her father in their own little world. It's blue, electric blue, and it's pulsing with power. "Tată, te rog trezește-te." Dad, please wake up.

💫 ━━ STEVE walks into the Avengers compound to see Natasha and Paisley standing together. Natasha has her arm wrapped around the little girl, holding her to her side as she tells her a story. As they both stood there, they stared blankly at the wall in front of them for now reason.

"You want to keep staring at the wall, or do you want to go to work?" Steve jokes as he neared the two. "I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall."

"I thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes." Natasha joked back before she started to walk towards Steve, bringing Paisley with her. "How do we look?"

"Well, we're not the '27 Yankees." Steve replied as he handed Natasha a tablet, then he handed Paisley a sucker.

Natasha read whatever was on the tablet. "We've got some hitters."

"They're good. They're not a team."

"Let's beat 'em into shape."

The three enter a large room where Rhodes in his War Machine suit, Vision, Sam Wilson in his Falcon suit, Ryder in his own costume suit that looked a lot like Tony's, and Wanda in a new outfit.

Steve stood tall, his voice was loud and strong as he called out. "Avengers..."

Paisley bounced, "Assemble!"

END OF ACT ONE
PAISLEY MAXIMOFF
WILL RETURN