thirty eight

chapter thirty eight
╰  ( endgame )

💫 ━━ PIETRO had left Paisley with Peter and Ryder, trusting the two teenagers with his daughter's life.

"You're so grown up!" Peter grinned happily — yes, he had missed out on five years of this little superheroes life, but she was still the same little girl he had babysat a few times for mister stark.

"I missed you." Paisley cried, throwing her arms around Peter and Ryder, pulling them both against her aching body. She was older than them now, and she was only reaching their height now.

"Paisley!" Clint Barton yelled as he neared the three huddled teens. "Oh! And Ryder and a spider-kid! Take this and run!"

Paisley caught the gauntlet with the stones in it, her eyes growing wide as she wrapped her arms around it. "Run?" She saw a group of things rushing towards her, their only objective was to get the gauntlet and give it to thanos. "Run!"

And so the three ran until there was no where else to run. Three surrounded by many more than they could count, which they couldn't even count the dangerous things in front of them.

Paisley wiggled her fingers and took a deep breath. She passed the gauntlet towards Peter and Ryder, trusting them momentarily. She pushed her arms out, and along with it went a burst of blue.

Creatures fell to the dirt below them, crumbling into nothing.

"Woah." Peter mumbled, eyes narrowing on Paisley and her blue fingertips. "Magic."

"Peter look out!" Ryder yelled out as he comes face to face with the person who had snapped him away five years ago. "Peter!"

Paisley cries out as she sinks to her knees, her arms outstretched as she uses her abilities to stop Thanos from being a large sword down on Peter and Ryder.

"You." Thanos says, eyes narrowed at who had once been a child. "I remember you. They gave up everything to save you."

"And now we'll give up everything to help her destroy you." Wanda spoke, eyes flashing red as she flicked her wrist, the sword Thanos had held was now clanked against the rocks on the ground.

With Wanda's red magical mist, and Paisley's blue, the two together created a mist of purple. Creatures around them crumbled to their death, and Thanos froze momentarily.

Wanda curled her lip upwards, eyes glowing red as she stared the monster down. "You took everything from me."

Thanos struggled against the hold around him. "I don't even know who you are."

"You will." Wanda raised her arms, as her body floated upwards, her magic gathering rocks and debris from all around her. She breathed out before she threw them towards Thanos, watching as he fell to the ground underneath the rocks.

"You think that would stop me?" Thanos asked as he stood up, breaking any magical hold that Paisley and Wanda had on him. He swung the sword he had grasped in his purple hand, attempting to destroy Wanda and those around her.

"Paisley." Peter whispered, wiping the blood off his nose. "What do I do about this?"

Ryder stood beside Peter, his hand intertwined with the nerd. "I say run."