12

She ran and ran and ran. From what? She did not know. But still she ran. She did not look back, for this strange kind of fear ran through her veins, as if when she'd turn she'd be either shot in the head or beaten up to death. Whatever it would be, she wasn't ready.

But then she hit a dead end. A fucking dead end. It was a cliff. Out of all things, a cliff. What was worse was that she was pushed off by something, or rather, someone. She had managed to hold on to the ledge, though, she tried to think positively, totally avoiding the fact that because of sweating, her grip would loosen and she'd die. She made efforts to climb back, but in vain. Then someone lifted her head up by the chin. She was now forced to look at it, rather, look at her.

It was her own self. Her own self who had chased her down, her own self which had pushed her off. In the ruthless tone ever, she said:

"It's my time to take over now. Die."

Her grip loosened slowly as she closed her eyes before falling to her death, but before she could fall...

~~~~~

Sooyun woke up in cold sweat, gasping. She had not experienced good sleep ever since things got crazy. It was nightmares and anxiety, all combined.

Somewhere or the other, she was hoping she would wake up in her own comfy room. Hoped that it was just a very elaborate nightmare. Chan would scold her for walking up late as she came down for breakfast, she'd tell him everything, and then Felix would pull her leg for having such a stupid dream. He'd say, "Damn all you think about is Jungwoo I guess. Jeez." Then they would walk to school, accompanied by her friends. Then she'd go to school, probably get scolded for not completing her homework...

But no. It was same dreaded hospital wing. It was the same scars on her face. It was like she was waking up from a nightmare to be in another one. One more of a lucid kind.

Yet she took in a deep breath and got up.

New day, same shit.

The first thing she did, was go to the restroom and wash her face. It had been something with water since the past few months. Probably because they washed away her tears with ease...

Sooyun's hair was all over the place. She took back her hair with her still wet hand, and tied them into a ponytail. As she did her eyes went to her hand. More specifically the thing she wore on her hand.

It was the necklace. A bitter chuckle escaped her mouth, as she remembered the story behind it.

<<<Flashback>>>

"I trust you more than I have trusted anyone in my life, Sooyun. No matter how fake and unrealistic I might sound right now. I really mean it. I really do."

<<<End of Flashback>>>

"Bullshit, you sounded fake and unrealistic because you were being fake and unrealistic, Kim Jungwoo." Sooyun muttered under her breathe, passing an angry glare at the sink and then at the mirror in front of her.

<<<Flashback>>>

"Give it back."

Jungwoo swallowed back his tears, his hate covering the sadness in his voice. To the listener, it sounded colder than ice.

Winter had arrived, and the words came out as a cloud of fog. They stood in a dark corner of the city. Jungwoo's eyes seemed to be empty holes, piercing through Sooyun's soul.