16

"Hey I have a few questions. Answer them."
"And I don't want to."
"Notice how that was statement not a question, Lee Donghyuck."

Haechan and Minhyo had just arrived at the front of the headquarters, the whole ride there was a series of Minhyo flirting with Hyuck and Hyuck not giving a damn.

MINHYO- So like, are you single?
HAECHAN- Shut up.
MINHYO- I'll take that as a yes. Do you snore?
HAECHAN- Last time I checked, you shouldn't care about that.
MINHYO- I'll take that as a 'Not at all babe why would I?'
HAECHAN- Why would I call you bab-
MINHYO- You tell me that, handsome. *smirks* Last question, looking for a wife perhaps?
HAECHAN- Oh my Go-

The speaker went off at the right moment as a familiar voice was heard through it.

"Password?"

HAECHAN- We don't have a password Sooyun-

"Oh it's you. Come on in my guy."

MINHYO- Is that, LIKE, SOOYUN?! LIKE- LEGITIMATE REAL AND VERIFIED MS BANG SCARLET SOOYUN- OMG- YOU SHOULD'VE GIVEN ME A NOTICE-

~~~~~

Haechan came in, followed by Minhyo, to see Hyunsuk and Sooyun at the door.

HAECHAN- Damn, it's been a whole year and I haven't seen y'all-
SOOYUN- Just realized? Oh and you are Minhyo-
MINHYO- You got that right ma'am. You're hot.
SOOYUN- *kinda flustered* T-Thanks I guess-
HAECHAN- Oh my Go-

HYUNSUK- Oh hello there, Haechan, I'll presume you just ignored me cuz you didn't see me.
HAECHAN- That is exactly the reason, my guy. I have absolutely no reason to ignore a sensible and amazing guy like you.
HYUNSUK- Well, welcome back after one whole year! And, to you, the one with the long hair-
MINHYO- *on her knees* Marry me, beautiful human. *heart eyes*
HYUNSUK- Hel..lo- thank you for calling me that-
MINHYO- IF YOU SAY YOU DON'T GET THAT OFTEN YOU ARE BEING MODEST, BECAUSE EITHER THE WORLD HAS GONE BLIND OR YOU ARE LYING. You have all my love sire.
HYUNSUK- *chuckles* Thank you!

HYUNSUK- Sooyun, call the folks to discussion room.
SOOYUN- Aye aye Captain.

~~~~~

There were rarely any times that Minhee had sat down and looked back at the previous events, but what all had taken place was beyond a present moment.

There was so much information she had, none of which she could share. Why? Because she knew that her friends would get hurt if they knew.

~~~~~

MINHEE- I can't leave my friends behind.

Minhee had said to her family. Her parents were absolutely against it, the idea that the little girl that they had brought up with much love and care, would leave them to fight the evils that they tried their best to protect her from. The evils that they, too, had known, ages ago...

"Honey, please try to understand. Don't go there. You have everything right now, but if you go there-" Her mother's eyes, as she remembered, were brimming with tears, she did not have a single clue as to why her mother was like this at that moment.

If there was ever a prize for the Strongest and Happiest Mother, Minhee's mom would win the prize. She always had this beautiful smile of hers, which showed through all the ups and downs in her life. But never, never had Minhee imagined to see her cry like this. It was, by far, the worst thing she had experienced.

"Your mother is now in tears, Minhee. Do you still want to go, leave us behind? Don't we mean anything to you?" Her father inquired, while he consoled his wife who was crying into his chest.

"You do, you both do matter to me. But Mom, Dad, the situation is such that if I don't stand up for my friends now, I know I'll regret it. And you both have taught me to never have a single regret in life, haven't--"

"THERE IS NOTHING YOU HAVE TO REGRET ABOUT EUNCHAE'S DEATH. SHE IS DEAD. TO EVERYONE. SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO COME BACK."

Minhee flinched as her mother yelled. Her face turned white.

"How do you know Jungwoo's mom's name?"

The woman went silent after realizing what she had said.

"I never told you, and I don't remember the last time Jungwoo ever met you- then how do you-"

"MOM ANSWER ME. HOW DO YOU KNOW HER NAME?!"

"KIM MINHEE THERE ARE CERTAIN THINGS THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW."

"WELL NOW IS THE TIME TO SPILL THOSE THINGS THAT ACOORDING TO YOU I DON'T NEED TO KNOW. TELL ME. HOW DO YOU KNOW HER GODDAMN NAME?!"

"BECAUSE SHE IS MY SISTER! THERE!"

Minhee stumbled a few steps back after the reveal.

"But- you always told me that- you were an only child-"

"That's because, I never wanted you to know about them, their relations with you." Her mother said, calmer, yet firm. "And I still suggest, stay away from their matters-"

"Jungwoo's mom, Eunchae, is my.. aunt?" Minhee asked, still in shock, not being able to comprehend what her mother had just told her. "I warned you--"

"That means, Jungwoo, he's my.. cousin?"

"Honey please don't be influenced by any of this let's just go back to normal--"

"YOU EXPECT THAT TO HAPPEN?! BE HONEST. YOU EXPECT THAT TO HAPPEN?!"

The room went silent.

"YOU HID A WHOLE PART OF MY FAMILY TREE FROM ME?! AND YOU THINK I'LL KNOW AND JUST GO BACK TO NORMAL?! WHAT ELSE DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T?!"

Minhee's eyes had welled up with tears.

"Minhee-"

Minhee stormed out of the house, but before that, she turned to look at her parents, who looked at her guiltily.

"I'll find out. Everything I need to know, I'll find out, by hook or crook. And I don't care about what you say. Jungwoo, deserves to have parents. And if your sister and her husband are still alive, I will find them. That is the minimum I owe to him as a friend, and as a newly found cousin. Watch me."

~~~~~

And that was before she had got to know about what happened between Sooyun and Jungwoo. There was absolutely no way she could tell Sooyun that she was related to someone who is still a sensitive topic of conversation.

"Hello hello hello folks may I have your attention please. Hyunsuk has called for a meeting~ Thank you~~"

Sooyun's voice blared over the speaker.

A meeting? Now? What for?

She wondered as she went downstairs.

"I'm here y-"

..and regretted coming after seeing the first person she saw - Lee Haechan.

~~~~~