15

"So, he's coming?"
"Seems so, yeah."

Minhee leaned back on the chair whilst taking a deep breathe in. Sooyun directed her eyes from the phone to her, sensing the stress she would be facing at the moment.

SOOYUN- It is what it is, Hee.
MINHEE- Do I have to be there-
SOOYUN- Everyone has to be there, you can't be an exception now, can you now?

Sooyun kept a hand on her shoulder.

SOOYUN- Bro I know it's tough. But you have to face Hyuck now or later.
MINHEE- Well then I choose later.
SOOYUN- It's not like you get to choose that option--
MINHEE- BUT YOU DID HAVE A CHOICE. AND YOU WANTED TO SEE ME SUFFER--

SOOYUN- I told Hyuck to send Mark but you know him.
MINHEE- You shouldn't have used that favoritism excuse then, if you know how he is.
SOOYUN- You know I'm not good at excuses.
MINHEE- THEN CAN'T YOU JUST, I don't know, BE GOOD AT THEM?
SOOYUN- Even if I do suddenly get better at excuses, you can't really change what is going on happened because--
MINHEE- YUN!

Sooyun held back her laughter, trying her best to maintain a straight face. It had always been a funny sight to see Minhee angry.

MINHEE- YUN I'M BEING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW YOU LITERALLY COULD'VE SAID SOMETHING LIKE "Oh Hyunsuk said it has to Mark and you know he is a senior" OR LIKE "Sorry Hyuck, you have to understand this is serious" OR ANYTHING LIKE-- BUT NO! YOU HAD TO GO AHEAD AND DO THAT "oH mArK iS mY fAv" card. YOU KNEW- *hits the table*

Sooyun laughed, she couldn't have possibly held her laughter any longer.

MINHEE- It's not funny!
SOOYUN- I know it isn't- it's just-
MINHEE- WHY DO Y'ALL FIND IT SO FUNNY WHEN I'M ANGRY?
SOOYUN- It's just- I don't know-

Minhee threw a pillow at Sooyun.

SOOYUN- Okay- ow- I'll stop now.

Sooyun stopped laughing.

MINHEE- I just wish Hyuck wouldn't come here- I can't face him just yet-
SOOYUN- It's okay Hee. As I said, you have to face him sooner or later. You can't avoid him.
MINHEE- I told you about it Yun. It's not so easy to just- forget about.
SOOYUN- *nods* I know--

MINHEE- YOU KNOW WHAT? IT WAS HIS FAULT. Back then, YangYang had just rejected me, because he really didn't know if he liked me or not. And then all this mess happened.. everything was happening so fast. And out of nowhere, when he was parting ways with us, he just..

<<<1 year ago>>>

MINHEE- We have to go. Come on Hyuc-
HAECHAN- I'm not coming with you guys. Actually, both me and Mark aren't coming with you.
MINHEE- Why? Don't tell me Sooyun--
HAECHAN- Yep.
MINHEE- Honestly- that girl- but- that means-
HAECHAN- ...you won't be seeing me for a while, yeah.
MINHEE- That sucks. But hey, at least you won't be having me on your nerves anymore. Good for you, hmm?

Haechan laughed bitterly. She didn't know what she meant to him.

MINHEE- Well, guess this is goodbye.
HAECHAN- I- guess so.

Minhee turned around to enter the headquarters, but then,

HAECHAN- MINHEE!
MINHEE- Hmm?
HAECHAN- Do you really think of me as- you know- a brother?