13

"What's the matter?"

Jihoon, Chan and Sooyun walked into the room, to see everyone else already seated at the round table. 

MINHEE- Took y'all long enough. 
JIHOON- I see that you were waiting for me. *smirks*

Minhee gave Jihoon a taunting glare, before turning to Hyunsuk, who was standing at the front. She clearly didn't want him to talk as if things were normal between them. 

MINHEE- You can continue, they are here. 

Sooyun and Chan awkwardly took their assigned seats as Jihoon basically stomped away to his. 

YANGYANG- Why did you call us here hyung? 
HYUNSUK- I've received new information on him. Before I start talking on that, Sooyun, Chan, would you be okay with the sensitive topics-
CHAN- We're good. Go on. 
SOOYUN- Yeah, tell us, what's up?

HYUNSUK- Well then. We have more info on the bigger scene. Apparantly, Jungwoo's parents, Eunchae and Daewon, aren't the only victims of Yongcheol's evil intents.
MINHEE- Hunh? What brings you to that conclusion? He doesn't have any other motive other than.. vengeance.
HYUNSUK- To explain that, Sooyun, if you don't mind, tell us about the day you ran away from your home. Of course if you don't want to-
SOOYUN- I will. That day..

<<<Flashback>>>

That day, as Sooyun came back home, holding the necklace tightly. She knew this would happen.. then why..

Why did it still hurt so bad?

"I-I-- I had to lose you so you wouldn't be hurt. Be safe, I-I- know that.. without me y-you will be." She said to herself, looking at the snowflakes, falling gently. "Why did it have to be this way?" Tears flowed across her cheeks, which were red due to the harsh winter.

She reached home, took off the coat and hung it on the coat hanger. Chan wasn't home that day, Felix had long moved out along with his family, she presumed she was all alone. Yet another question: why was the door unlocked?

Thud. 

The sound had come from the kitchen.

"Ch-Chan?" 

No answer. 

"I-I'm not in the mood for jokes- who is there--"

"Oh baby, it's just me. Don't be afraid."

A chill was sent down Sooyun's spine as she heard that voice. Too familiar. Too... scary.

"Ha Hyunwon."

He walked in, the manner a feline walks toward its prey. Sooyun backed away with every step he took towards her. 

"W-what are you d-doing h-her who l-let you i-in he-here--"

"Yunnie baby, why are you backing away? It took me so many ages to find you, so many endless nights of stalking your socials to find your school."

"You've been following m-me since w-when-"

"And I made a lovely discovery- oh right, maybe not for you, but, heard your boyfriend broke up with you? Oh not heard, I saw it in front of my very eyes. Who made my beautiful precious Yunnie cry now? Only I can make you cry, isn't that right?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LOWLIFE--"

"Oh oh OH? Language honey. You don't talk to me like that. You wouldn't want to see what are the consequences."