chapter XI

" when you don't know how to use your power, you shouldn't use them kiddo "  everything that was floating went back to its place like nothing happened.

" Yo..you stay away" the child stepped back. Not knowing what is going to happen to her.

" You say that i am going to use you as a lad rat,hmm." He smiled slowly but not a friendly smile but a mischievous smile.

" But why would I choose a ugly and skinny kid like you for doing experiments"

'Ugly!!! and me' even if penelope was a villainess there is no way that she was ugly. Infact she was way too pretty. Penelope frowned.

" Pfftt-" Penelope turned her head to her side only to find the man trembling as he covers his face.

" Yo..your face. Pfft it look ridiculous" The started laughing while holding his stomach.

" Are you done laughing" Her turquoise eyes darken as her voice turned cold. His laughter slowly died down.

Khalid's violet eyes widen as he saw the image of his dead brother from the kid in front of him. The same turquoise eyes as his brother who died 13 years ago.  It was his turn to get serious. He walked toward penelope.

" You asked why i want you blood." He crouched in front of of the kid and said
" You features look like exactly my brother's and sister-in-law's" it was Penelope's turn to get shocked. ' what is he trying to say ' he slowly started to explain.

" My family is the only family that have pure-golden mana passed down to us from generation to generation." Khalid's voice was getting serious and serious and it was getting hard for penelope to understand what he was trying to say.

" I want to check weath-"

Bam

Before Khalid could countinue what he was saying, a loud sound of something breaking could be heard. Khalid frowned at the noise.

" Those people are really annoying" Khalid sighed clearly annoyed and carried Penelope in his arms. Penelope or Lillian both of them were never carried by someone, so she finched.

" Pu..put me down" penelope's cheek turned red and she started to hit the man's chest.

" Hit me one more time and i am going to drop you" Khalid said it in a dangerous way, anyone could tell that he was annoyed very annoyed. Penelope didn't want to annoy him more. So she just stay in his arms.

They again teleported somewhere but this time penelope didn't feel nausea. She blinked a few times to adjust to the new environment.

But she didn't expected the sight in front of her to be this disturbing. Everything in the room was messy and broken. Lant stood in the middle of this choas but dion was nowhere to be found.

" So your the one who kidnapped her" Khalid didn't bother to turn and look at the person who was talking to him. He simply ignored him. He put penelope of the nearby sofa.

Snap

Khalid cut some strands of penelope's hair. " I'll call you when the results are out" he gently cares her head and smiled sincerely and this shocked Penelope alot.

Until now, the few hours she spend with him, he alway showed her his sarcastic, cold or mischievous side but not a sign of care or treat her gently until now.

" How dare you ignore me, you bastard" Lant on the other hand felt insulted, it hurted his pride when Khalid ignored him. in rage  lant throw the hidden dagger he have, toward Khalid. The daggers were so close to him but he still didn't move.