Chapter XII

"hmm.." penelope open her eyes slowly. The sound of carriage moving hit her ears. What was she doing is a carriage? Wasn't she in the hall with Khalid.

And the most shocking thing was that she was leaning on the infamous dion Agriche's shoulder!! His red eyes turn at her. But he stayed in his place without uttering a single word.

"You did a good job" i turned my face toward the smirking man. But what shocked me the most was he was sitting in front of me without a single scratch or wound. He was perfectly fine like nothing happened

Just a moment ago he was badly injured and he looked like he was going to kill her and Khalid. The hatred in his eyes was terrifying but now he is smiling and praising her.

'just what the hell happened' but then she remembered what Khalid said to her before she lost her consciousness.

" The moment you wake up, everything will be back to normal. So just rest for now." A gentle smile appeared on his face as his voilet eyes looked at her lovingly.
" We will meet each other very soon, my dear N̵̢͇͖͌̀͝i̴͎̠̟͆̓̒e̵̺̝̺̐̕͝c̵̡̡͔̀͑̕è̴̼͔̿̔͜"

" -new that you were going to be very useful, hahaha" penelope looked at laughing lant. She didn't know how to answer him and she didn't know what he was talking about because she was deep in her own thoughts about what Khalid said but she nodded as if she understands what he said.

She could feel dion's burning stares at her. She sweatdropped. After that everyone went silent. Penelope felt the same suffocation as she felt when she arrived at the tower.

She turned her gaze at lant. By the look on his face she could tell that he was planning something. But she choose to stay silent. That's how their ride back to the mansion went.

......

The carriage stopped in front of the main entrance. The same coachman open the door and they all come out of the carriage.

" Tell everyone to gather at the dinning room tonight." Lant said to a nearby servent. From the look of the servent's face i could tell that he was nervous but he didn't show his nervousness.

" Dion escort her to her room" lant patted his son's shoulder and went inside. I stared at lant's back, until he disappeared.

" Aren't you coming" penelope finch in shock because she was thinking that he won't escort her. She nervously walk beside him.

Both of them didn't said a single word. They walked in the quiet hall of Agriche mansion. All the servent and workers bowed and greeted them.

" Oh my! It's nice to see you again, my dear son." Hearing the voice Dion stopped in his track and his face visibly darkened. Penelope turn to see whose voice it was.

A lady with short brown hair and purple eyes was standing in behind them. She wore a white and pink dress with puffed sleeves. She had a bright smile on her face. Behind her two maids were standing.
( Guess who the person is? 😉)

One of the maid have black hair and big brown eye. There was a small mole below her lips. And the second maid had brown hair and grey eyes. But unlike the first maid, her eyes were sharp. My gaze went back at the women. I knew very well who she was.

Maria Agriche is the third wife of lant Agriche and biological mother of Dion. She is a cheerful woman who has a fixation with beautiful objects, but does not hold any value to human life and is extremely sadistic, similar to her husband Lant Agriche and her son Dion Agriche.

It was also mentioned in the manhwa that she neglected Dion since he was born because his appearance was very similar to lant Agriche and she hate lant very much.