chapter XVI

Yesterday went by in a blink of an eye. I get to see a side of Dion which was never shown in the manhwa. This gave me hope that i can change something and help the children here.

Last night, Dion left after some time but the scene kept replaying in my mind.

This morning a maid came to give me breakfast and helped me get ready for the class trail. I was nervous about what would happen but nevertheless i still had to go.

The maid guided me to the room where the trail will be held. The corridors reminded me of the night when Dion escorted me to my assigned room.

I was unable to describe the feelings i felt that day. The silent corridor, only the footsteps of mine and Dion's shoes could be heard.

But today, the corridor was not quiet. Servants going here and there. Some were cleaning, some were doing chores etc.

Finally Penelope arrived in front of the room. Even after the door was closed, she could hear people talking from inside. She could recognise lant's laugh easily but there was one more familiar voice.

She thought that the voice was really familiar but she couldn't recognise whom it belongs too. Soon her presence was announced and the door opened.

Revealing Lant and the silver haired man whom she met in the tower. It was Khalid, the tower master. But this time he looked at her with loving and warm eyes, not bored and uninterested eyes.
Penelope was stunned by Khalid's expression.

She lifted the hem of her clothes gently to greet them. Lant had his usual smirk on his face. Except Khalid and Lant, there were two more people present in the room.

One of them wore a black cape, covered his head. He has a white mask on his face, which covers his face fully, there was a smile painted on his mask, which doesn't look friendly at all.

The other person seemed to be in his early 30s or late 20s. A muscular build and tall person. His brown hair covered one of his eyes. He had a sword tied on his waist and a dagger on his right leg.

"Since she is here M'lord, let's begin the test" the guy who wore the mask said. Penelope could see malice in the man's eyes. She shuddered when she saw his eyes.

The masked man started walking towards Penelope. Seeing the man coming close to her, Penelope started to move back. Soon he was in front of Penelope. He stretched his hand toward her face, she closed her eyes when she saw his hand in front of her.

But she didn't feel anyone touching her. When she opened her eyes, she saw Khalid in front of her, blocking the view of the masked man.

"I will be the one who will proceed with the tests. Is that understood Agriche" though Khalid's voice was cold and threatening, Penelope felt an unknown warmth in his voice.
'that's weird... No! I have to focus'

Lant froze in his place for a moment, but he puffed out the cigarette smoke as if nothing happened. He only shrugged in response. Soon his stare fell on the magenta haired girl. Since Dion bought her, lant saw a weird type of spark in Dion's eyes. It was not noticed by the others but even if the spark was fade, lant could still feel it.

"But we need to know if that kid have any talent other than magic" the man with brown hair said, in which lant nodded with agreement.

"I think it's better to take her to magic tower with me" hearing Khalid say that, Penelope paled. If she goes to magic tower with Khalid, how can she help the kids here.

Lant refused the idea of Penelope being away from the Agriche household. If she went to the magic tower with khalid, he will lose a powerful weapon. The argument goes for a while.

"Why don't we let her decide what she wants" the brunette suggested. Four pairs of eyes fell  on Penelope. She felt small infront of all the eyes.

After taking a breath to calm down, she agreed to stay with the Agriche which greatly shocked khaild. He tried to convince her to go with him but she refused.

The test was postponed till the next day because it was late. Stepping out of the room, she finally released the breath she was holding in. This time the halls of the mansion was empty, no servents could be seen.

Her steps echoed in the hall. Sometimes she wonders, how can these halls be so empty. It was said that the Agriche family had many children but haven't seen any of them, except Roxanne and Dion.

Suddenly she heard footsteps come towards her with a great speed. She turned, only to see a boy with black hair with a tint of blue accompanied by beep blue eyes. She recognised him immediately, it was no other than Jeremy Agriche. He was no more that 9 or 10, to be honest he looked really cute.

To be continued ~

A/N

There will be a time skip in the next chapter and in the next chapter you will get to see interaction between Penelope and the Agriche children.