chapter XVII

She could feel the piercing glare of the bluenette in front of her. Young Jeremy looked annoyed for an unknown reason.

'oh my god!! I can't believe i am able to see him'
her eyes lit up with excitement. Her inner fan-girl wasn't able to hold her excitement.

Looking at her sparkling eyes, Jeremy felt an unknown embarrassment which made him even more annoyed.

How dare she steal his sister from him. He was mad that due to his training, he wasn't able to spend more time with his sister. And this pest could spend a whole day with his sister while he was stuck in his training.

"YOU!! Stay away from my sister!!" He angrily pointed his finger at Penelope, warning her. He was so jealous of the girl in front of him. After all his sister was his only family in this house, the only one who cared about him, how can he let her go.

Penelope, on the other hand couldn't stop herself from being in awe. Jeremy was already cute in the manhwa but right now he looked so adorable. But she thought they were soon broken, when a dagger got shot and stuck in the wall beside her. The dagger was only a few inches away from her face and a few locks of her hair got cut due to the blade.

The culprit was no other than Jeremy. Seeing Penelope looking at him in awe, he did that. Seeing the girl shocked, Jeremy smirked

" Peasants like you don't deserve to be with my sister"
He walked in front of Penelope, trying to scare her. Penelope was silent, she made no movement or any sound. She stood as a statue in her place.

"Why are you not speaking, huh? Are you mute" he taunted, expecting her to be angry at him.

"You're so cute!" Penelope squeak, leaving Jeremy  totally surprised and speechless.

He felt a hand on his head. The girl in front of him was  patting his head while smiling lovingly. His sister was the only one who ever patted his head. Neither his own birth mother or father ever patted his head in a loving manner only Roxanne did. But right now, the girl in front of him, whom he just attacked, was patting his head in such a loving manner.

Wasn't she scared of him, he just attacked her, he could have killed her. Why is she looking at him so lovingly. He only has one sister and she is roxanne,  no....no..no one....els-

"Are you okay? You look pale" Penelope asked in worried tone. She wiped the sweat off his face gently using her sleeve. She remembered that children of this family had to consume poison from a very young age.
Is he not feeling well? Is he in pain...

Jeremy saw the look in her eyes, a genuine worried look. Not like the one he receives from others inside this mansion.
'no... don't look at me like that...
I don't need your pity. I don't need anyone more. I..I'

His thoughts were a mess. He wasn't able to think properly, he didn't know what to do. The only thing he wanted was to escape from this situation. So he ran away.

"Huh wait!! Where are you going" Penelope tried to stop him but he was way too fast and he already vanished in the long corridors.

" Why did he ran off like that" she mumbled under her breath. Sighing, she went back to her room.

.......

I layed on my bed, thinking about my encounter with Jeremy. It was a strange meeting if i am being honest.

'dinner will be served after a while' nothing much happened today but suddenly a wave of tiredness hit me. My eyelids started to get heavy and soon everything turned dark.

.......

As soon as I opened my eyes, i found myself in a dark space, void of any light.
Turning my body around to see if there is any source of light or and object.

Then i saw him. The same man i met at the tower and today. His silver hair shine in the dark void, his amethyst colored eyes shone. But just like today in the mansion, he stared at me with sad, warm and loving eyes.

"Umm...hey" his cool and mysterious image was nowhere to be found, it was replaced with a nervous and flustered look.
It looked like he was trying to start a conversation but didn't know how to start it.

Looking at him as he rubs the nape of his neck nervously, i couldn't help but giggle. The mighty master of the great mage tower, who is said to be one of the most powerful person in the empire, was looking to flustered.

"Ahem... Sorry for barging in your mind space" he said in a slightly embarrassed tone. I was so caught up with his apperance that i forgot about my surroundings.

'right what is this place ' she glanced around but still unable to see anything except of him. She looked at him as expecting him to tell her about this place, which he understood.

"We are inside your mind. This is a ancient way to converse with any person for top secret or important stuff. As for your question, why am I in your mind... Haa it's a long story... How about we move to a more comfortable place " he looked like he has a lot to say. The distant and sad look on his face was something unusual.

"But how will we change places" i asked, looking at him with a confused stare. I tried to find a way to get out of here but i couldn't.

"It's simple. We are in your mind space so you can manipulate it as you want. Just think about some places and it will change into it." Khalid instructed her.

She closed her eyes, thinking of a comfortable room with a good scenery.

"You can open your eyes now" hearing the voice, she slowly opened her eyes. Indeed the space changed. A large room with windows showing a beautiful scenery from outside. The walls were painted into a soft blue shade. In the centre two sofas are facing each other and a table with some snacks and tea.

"Let's sit and talk now. It's going to be a long conversation"

To be continued~