chapter 26

The dark night sky in the Agriche mansion with soft breeze blowing and with no scent of blood, it was a splendid moment to relax your body and mind but unfortunately for me, that moment was ruined.

Blood was splashed on the pale white walls, staining them red. Groans and cough of some dark cloaked men filled ones ears.

Broken furniture, ripped curtains, shattered glass, the room was in a terrible state. Bodies of men in black cloak were lying on the floor, lifeless.

"Attack her! We need to kill her at all cost!" The black cloaked figure who seemed like the leader of the group, shouted at his remaining companion.

Four to five men were standing before me, ready to attack at any moment. Most of them were either injured or too tired to fight. 

I was also not in a state to fight them for much longer. Blood was seeping through the cut from my left arm. My feet were trembling, I was barely able to stand properly. My body was too tired because of the blood loss and too much used of mana.

"Filthy dogs of Leila" i mumbled, gritting my teeth while trying to insure the pain in my left arm.

"Ice sherds!" I casted the spell without hesitation. Three sharp arrows of ice that appeared flew through the wind, aiming at the men in front of me.

The ice I shot hit one man on his chest and the other ice arrow pierce the other men's head. The third person somehow managed to block the attack.

My energy was running out, and there are still men in front of me. The person who seemed like the leader threw fireblow at my direction.

Using the mirror effect, the fireblow was reversed back at them. The attack didn't seem to affect them very much but they were growing tired and so was I. Strength was leaving my body at a dangerously fast pace.

Only three men were left standing. My vision grew blurry. My stomach, my throat, and my whole body ached. It became difficult to stand. At last, I stumbled and fell on the floor, unable to stand any longer.

One of the cloaked man was coming closer to me with a dagger in his hand. I wasn't able to do anything to stop the man infront of me.

"Cough!" Blood splattered from my mouth. My eyes were spinning. Through my blurred vision, i saw the man coming closer and closer to me.

Now he was standing in front of me. He raised the dagger over my head, ready to strike in down on me. I closed my eyes, waiting for my end but the pain never came.

“Grrrrrrrrrr.”
I opened my eyes when i heard a familiar growl.

A white beast was standing before me, sheilding me from the men. The men stepped back after seeing the white beast in front of them.
Fenris!

With the swift attack of its claws, the men were drop dead without even getting a chance to protect themselves. The beast turned back to its small size and started to lick my face. Fernie started barking loudly, but his barks were growing quieter and quieter.

Slowly my eyes were closing and my consciousness was leaving, when someone slammed open the door with a loud bang. The last thing I remember was someone calling my name and then everything turned dark.

••••

Warm and bright sunlight made my eyes sting, i tried to block the light with my hand but soon my eyes adjust to the bright light. I could hear two voices arguing near me.

"Keep it down" i mumbled slowly, as I felt a headache hit me like a thunder bolt.

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was two worried face staring at me. Jeremy and Charlotte were standing on the left side of the bed, where I was laying down.