chapter 22

"That's unfortunate Charlotte. But i have already talked with Father about this" hearing this from Roxanne made Charlotte even more angry.

"But sister has never had any interest in all the toys this far!! How can you steal it  so unfairly??" The girl said impulsively. Her frustration was written all over her face.

'sad that dear Charlotte didn't even noticed me' i pouted a bit but no one seems to notice.

"Hey!" Jeremy shouted as he stood infront of Roxanne in a protective manner.

"Since when did we decide who gets the toy by who calls dibs first?" Jeremy questioned, clearly showing how pissed he was.

"Shut up! I can't give it to her! It's mine!" Yelled back Charlotte.

'Now that i think of it, she caused a commotion before, to see Cassis.'
I should interfere before it gets difficult to handle'

I stepped forward to say something but before that Roxanne spoke.
" Charlotte, since when has the toy in the basement been yours"
Her tone was dangerously low, showing how annoyed she was.

" In order to argue for possession you need to have the right to do so" Roxanne took a step forward, toward Charlotte.
" The reason you have been able to play with toys up till now is because i didn't place any interest in them"

Roxanne took the sharp pins which tied , letting her hair fall loosely on her shoulders. Charlotte on the other hand took our her whip from her waist.

" No way, did you think you could have it all?

3rd pov

Roxanne and Charlotte, both were ready with their weapons. One of them was calm and the other was furious.

"I didn't think you were so stupid. How dimwitted." Hear this from Roxanne, Charlotte gritted her teeth as her grip on the whip grew stronger.

Both parties were ready to attack each other when suddenly their weapons from their hands disappeared. This startled both of them.

"Now now, there is no need to fight each other" a soft yet firm voice interrupted both them.  Both head turned towards the direction of the voice and met with a pretty gentle face.

"Sister Nellie!" Charlotte expression visibly changed. Her face brighten as she ran towards Penelope and hugged her, earning a grambling from Jeremy who was beside them.

Roxanne just stood there and watched both of them, thinking how Charlotte attitude is toward Penelope. Well not only Charlotte but many of the Agriche children show affection for her, which they don't even show their parents.

"Nellie, why did she get the toy when i wanted it" Charlotte complained, nuzzling her head on Penelope. Envy and jealously cleary laced in her voice.

Penelope hand gently caressed Charlotte red hair, making the little girl lean more on her.
"Now Charlotte, don't be so rude to your sister" Penelope said in a soothing tone.

"Let your sister have the toy this time. You already have plenty. And don't you want to spend time with me? Because that toy is more interesting?" Her tone sounded sad, making the red head worried.

"No no! Of course not. you're more important Nellie. I don't need that toy" Charlotte hugged Penelope more tightly, afraid that she might leave her or even dispise her.

The thought of her sister Nellie hating her made her scared. How can she let her hate her. Afterall she was the only one in this household, who cared for her, took care for her when she was sick. She can't let sister Nellie hate her.

"That's my good girl" the smile on Penelope's face grew.

Penelope pov:-

' omg, finally this is over' infront of the siblings, i was able to control my expression and be calm but i am dying on the inside.
' that was so tense'

"Let go you her, you brat" Jeremy pulled Charlotte by her arm to keep her away from me. Charlotte stumbled but quickly regain her composer.

"You-" "Jeremy, stop it"
Jeremy wanted to say something but was shutted by Roxanne. Without a word Roxanne turned away and start walking. Jeremy give me a quick wave and left to follow Roxanne.

"They are so rude! How can they leav-"
"It's fine Charlotte, they must be tired. Don't worry" i held her hand and glided away through the hall way.

"I will tell you a story tonight, okay " hearing that, Charlotte nodded quickly. I love how these kids smile innocently as kids their age should.
'i will protect this smile'

My grip on her hand become firm. Never, i am never gonna let them get hurt.

•••

After making sure Charlotte was asleep. I quietly closed the door of her room, making sure to make as minimum sound as possible. 

Walking in this mansion at night is spooky, so i teleported back to my room. I went to the dressing room to change into my nightgown.

While entering to my bedroom, i sense someone's presence. Someone is here.
'a assassin?'

I slowly took steps to my room, careful of an abnormally.

Peeking into my room, i was met with someone's back. Silver hair glitters due to the moon light.  The black shirt hugged his body, showing his broad shoulders.

"Uncle..." The man reacted to that. He turned his head to look at my direction.  His violet eyes scan me from head to toe.

"I would suggest you to fix your gown's button" with that he turned his head to the direction it was before.

'buttons?' i lowered my head to see what he meant. The first 3 buttons of my gown were open, showing my clevage .

Heat creeped to my cheeks. Quickly i closed the buttons of the gown. Both embarassed and annoyed, i grabbed a cushion from the couch and launched to attack him with it. Fenris who was on him lap, jumped and hid under the table.

" You pervent old man!!" I slammed the damn cushion on his head, earning a yelp from him. It took him a few seconds to react and he tried to grab the cushion from my hand. But failed.
'haaa, i am not gonna stop now'

"Are you crazy!! Fuck let go of me, you crazy girl" finally he was able to take the cushion from me. Grabbing me by the shoulders and pushing me on my bed as he got off.

"Hahaha.." laugh escaped my mouth, as i held my stomach. Uncle looked at me as if i finally went crazy, but soon he also burst out laughing.

After a while when we calmed down, he sat beside me, patting my head as i lay on the bed.
'its been a while since i laughed like this'

Suddenly it hit me, why is he here?
Sitting up, i looked at him suspiciously. He never liked to come here, as he says that this place radiat dark energy, which is disgusting.
'so why is he here? Did something happened '

" Why are you here? It must be something serious" his expression clearly showed that something is wrong.
'What is it?'

"Please uncle, tell me" i asked him in a worried tone, praying that everything is fine. But what is this heart sinking feeling. Something very ominous, something dangerous.

Uncle took a deep breath as a frown creases his forehead.

"Laila is back"

To be continued ~